Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

To fix or not to fix

AlphaCrow
05-21-2011, 02:54 PM
2000 blzr, 2WD, 4Dr, V6, 160k miles. Small oil leak from rear main area. I've never been able to determine where exactly it's coming from, it leaks so slow. It doesn't drip at all, never. I just see oil smeared backwards from that area on the underside. It's been that way since I got it in 2002. I'm a dirtbag for not doing anything about it, I know :) It never drops the oil level below "normal" between oil changes. I use high mileage oil to maybe soften the seals, but no luck. Question: Should I bother with it at this point? I generally keep up the maintenance on it.

inafogg
05-21-2011, 02:58 PM
2000 blzr, 2WD, 4Dr, V6, 160k miles. Small oil leak from rear main area. I've never been able to determine where exactly it's coming from, it leaks so slow. It doesn't drip at all, never. I just see oil smeared backwards from that area on the underside. It's been that way since I got it in 2002. I'm a dirtbag for not doing anything about it, I know :) It never drops the oil level below "normal" between oil changes. I use high mileage oil to maybe soften the seals, but no luck. Question: Should I bother with it at this point? I generally keep up the maintenance on it.

IMO i would'nt

Add your comment to this topic!