Elantra 2006 transmission probs

aniretake
05-19-2011, 08:19 AM
I posted in 2010 about the issue: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1045393
The dealer couldnt find anything and told me just to get premium gas. The problem never went away and recently got worse. Once, the car bucked really strong and check engine light came on. I went to Autozone and they read codes P0700 and P0732. What can they possibly mean? Also, when I first reported the problem, I was under warranty. Now I am not...:mad:

lowsonoma1999
05-19-2011, 10:25 AM
The P0700 is of no concern. It's just a code that the computer was told to turn the check engine light on. The P0732 is for 2nd gear incorrect ratio. It could be a bad input or output speed sensor, but typically there would be more codes in the system for one of the speed sensors. If it is not a speed sensor, it means the transmission is slipping in 2nd gear, and you need a new transmission. Typically if there aren't any other speed sensor codes, a new transmission is needed. Might want to try having a transmission service done if it hasn't been done before. Hyundai recommends it every 30k miles. I have seen a service fix this concern before, but not very often.

aniretake
05-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Yes, sir, you were right. The whole transmission needs to be replaced. Thankfully, warranty will cover.

Add your comment to this topic!