1995 Rodeo LS...power windows issue

vzfox
05-15-2011, 10:02 PM
I just bought this vehicle from someone...it looks great and runs great but thats not the issue here.

The previous owner told me the power windows just stopped working on him in the past few days and he didnt know why. The drivers window will work just fine, but none of the others will go up or down either with drivers switch or the door switches. The window lock on the main switch was broken and not in place anymore (just an empty hole) but the windows should still work with the main control right? I pulled the molex connectors from each door switch and tested for voltage when the button is pressed to up or down. I get voltage on seperate wires when the switch is pressed either on main or door itself. I then pulled the molex connection off each door switch and tried to use a jumper wire and go from the 12v source wire to each other individual wire to see if the motor responded....I got nothing.

I find it hard to believe that 3 window motors go out at the same time, but not impossible I guess. Is there a way that I havent done to test the motors on each door by supplying voltage and which wires need to be jumped?

thanx.

vzfox
05-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Is it possible that it could be the power window relay? Even tho when testing voltage at the switches, certain wires get 12v when switch is pressed up or down....

Thoughts and knowledge greatly appriciated :)

Add your comment to this topic!