Page updated on 09-20-2017

toyota celica vs nissan sentra se-r

WanSolo1113
05-14-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm talking about the 99-06 celica and the 02-06 sentra. I don't know much about either one. I've asked a co-worker who used to work at Nissan so obviously his opinion was biased. Anyway, what would you choose and why? Do they even compare? GT-S vs Spec-V?

speediva
05-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Well, the Celica only came in a coupe (2-door) and was designed to be a fun little sub-compact. The Sentra came in coupe and sedan (4-door) models and was designed to be a compact gas sipper.

Personally, I am also partial toward Nissan over Toyota, although it's definitely the less "sporty" option.

WanSolo1113
05-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Yeah I definitely see the difference in the bodies, but I ment something else. Like which has tighter control, more powerful engine, which would be easier and cheaper to soup-up, more reliable, etc. Guess I should've been more specific lol

speediva
05-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Well, the issue is they aren't really even equivalent in any way. Comparing those 2 cars is like comparing a push lawn mower to a ride lawn mower... they have different purposes.

That said, if you're looking for a more nimble ride, it's probably going to be the Celica. I've never owned one, and I personally don't know anyone who has, but it is probably lower to the ground (better handling typically) and is overall just more designed for spirited driving. I have NO clue about availability for aftermarket parts, though.

Add your comment to this topic!