Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

1998 Eclipse GS p1776 HELP

camaro10
05-06-2011, 09:01 AM
I know its the solenoid switch stuck in l/r position i was wondering what that means?
I'm stuck in limp mode can do a key cycle then it shifts perfectly fine.
Things Ive already replaced:
TCU (turned off check engine light)
Input and output speed sensor (old output had metal shavings on it afterwards shifted good for 15 minutes then a rough downshift to 2nd and stuck in limp mode once again)
It was also throwing a p0700 code but now there are no codes any help would be much appreciated I have tried another shift solenoid pack but it was used and didnt do much good it shifted maybe 5 minutes then computer caught on please i need help

camaro10
05-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Wow no one at all? come on i seriously need some help!

Blackcrow64
05-09-2011, 09:32 AM
I wish I could offer you some help, but my knowledge of the automatics is very limited unfortunately... A quick look of that p0700 code points to a speed sensor being the problem but you say you have swapped it already... Have you verified with a multimeter that the wiring is ok for the speed sensor? Perhaps there is a bad ground there even?

Blackcrow64
05-09-2011, 09:34 AM
After a little more research of the code, it also indicates that there are trouble codes on the TCU that can be pulled and read as well. Any chance you can get those codes also, so we can better determine where the problem is?

Add your comment to this topic!