Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Electrical Problems

Nates.Mom
05-02-2011, 10:00 AM
While driving (http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/index.php?/topic/1861-electrical-problems/#) or with the car in park with the engine running occasionally the dashboard light come on, the gauges go to 0 and the wipers turn on. None of the turn signals or other steering column functions work while this is happening, nor do the front windows work from the drivers door the rear windows do however. Started on Fri night, but only when the drivers door was open. Drove it to and from work on Saturday and it was fine, went to leave Saturday night and now it does it all the time. I have just over 38k miles on it. Also I have the remote start option on mine and if I use the remote start it will not do these things until I put the "key"/fob in and turn it to "ON".

Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated... I'm taking it in tomorrow to have a wiring harness recall done and hoping that will fix it, but if there are ideas, I would like to be "armed" with them too.

Thanks!
Krystal

Scrapper
05-02-2011, 10:26 AM
sounds like the recall will fix it unless it's in the remote start your using but i wouldn't tell them that and see how the recall comes out.

good luck.......

Nates.Mom
05-02-2011, 10:40 AM
The remote start is the factory installed option from Dodge so I'm hoping that wouldn't be an issue.

Add your comment to this topic!