Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Crown Victoria - PULLS TO THE LEFT

1996Chreokee
05-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Hi I have a 2003 Crown Victoria PI which has never been in an accident. I noticed just recently that the car was sitting uneven in the front on the passenger side. An inspection revealled a broken passenger isde coil spring.

Both front coils were replaced. All 4 ball joints were replaced and the drivers side wheel bearing. After the work was performed you could tell the TOE was off and I needed new tires. The car went down the road straight.

I had the tires replaced and an alignment. THe car went to down the road straight but there was a shake at 45 mph so i took it back for the wheels to be rebalanced. When it was back in the shop they said my passenger side ball joint was bad. Only 200 miles since replaced. I had the passneger side upper control arm and ball joint replaced then re-aligned. After the second alignment the car began to pull to the drivers side and the front end felt like it was fighting both sides but really pulling to the left. I took it back to the shop for a third alignment and they said it was way out again. They said the camber on the drivers side is all the way out now and they can't do anymore. The car still pulls hard to the left but the front end doesn't feel like its fighting the other side anymore..

What I am I missing here? Pulling to the left is really annoying. PLEASE HELP

1996Chreokee
05-02-2011, 03:36 AM
Is it possible when the passenger side upper control arm with ball joint was replaced the second time that the parts store gave me a drivers side control arm? then it was installed on the passenger side? Will it even fit?

I will cross reference the part numbers on the receipt today..

1996Chreokee
05-07-2011, 06:22 AM
two right side upper control arms were installed... Check your parks before you have them installed !!! Even if the boxes are different make sure the parts are too

Add your comment to this topic!