Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Who or What is Studio 27?

OPM
05-28-2003, 01:50 PM
yes i know they produce transkits,decals etc.,but what is behind Studio 27?who started this company?how many people work for S27?

questions,questions and again questions:D

hope you can answer them and gimme some background information

Rtuned
05-28-2003, 01:52 PM
Go and email to ST27 for answer. I think they can answer you better than anyone here unless there are someone who work for ST27 here in AF.

OPM
05-28-2003, 02:13 PM
well maybe somebody allready was in contact with them and knows something about:)i think we've got some people here who COULD know:D

TheSyndicate
05-28-2003, 02:21 PM
I'm just guessing from stuff on their website, but I think it's a company made in dedication to a f1 racer GILLES VILLENEUVE..?

Jamesonscale
05-28-2003, 02:48 PM
Studio 27 is a 'small' garge manufacturer. I am not completly sure of the origins but I believe it was founded by a former "Modelers" employee.(another small garage type mfg in Japan). They obviously are huge F1 and Gilles Vellinuve fans, "Gilles' spirit is in it" is S27's motto. I am not sure how many people work for S27 but I am quite certain it is a very small company, maybe a half dozen. Most of the work is contracted out, ie Mike Quarterman of Umi graphics here in the states does the majority of the artwork for the decals and then they are often printed by a third party printer like cartograff in Italy or others. A lot of thier kits are done by Hiro (Model factory Hiro) who used to do his own line of kits and now seems to produce for S27. The Japanese model industry is very canabalistic. No doubt the PE stuff is contracted out as well, prolly an CAD guy does the layouts and the ethcing by a third party again. The kits are prolly being developed using the lattest technology in 3d Scanning/Renshape cutting. Pictures or renshape can be scaned and a 3D model built by computer and then the computer will cut out a 3D working shape. These machines and computer technology is blossiming in Japan, they seem to be the leader in this field. This technology is also used in the car mfg business or racing 1/4 scale wind tunnel type models for designing new cars etc. Then there are prolly a couple of guys who make the molds and then resin bodies and such. Not much in the way of sales or marketing staff either. I once had a rappor with the North American S27 rep who was for ever searching for reference material from the golden 70's F1 era. I supplied him with some reference stuff, in fact the references for the Lowenbrau McLaren M26 from Watkins Glen came from me via Umi graphics. I received one of the kits as a thanks. This rep was working on supplying English translations to S27 stuff. I got the impression that it was run by one guy and a few underlings with most stuff contracted out. He has since moved on I believe, leaving a whole in this area. That's my .02 cents for today.......

OPM
05-28-2003, 03:58 PM
thanks a bunch.made a lot of things clear for me:)

Add your comment to this topic!