Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ground wire reattachment --tell me there's an easy way!

filibuster
04-28-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm a novice, trying to replace a fuel filter on my 98 Grand Voyager minivan. When I looked underneath at the fuel tank, which I have to drop down, to access the filter, I touched this 'thread-like' thing (which I now know upon researching online is a ground wire) and it fell off at one end it had been connected to. It strands between the bracket that holds the tank up, and I think it was attached at the other end to the fuel filter....Does that make sense? From what I'm reading, grounding is only necessary for devices that needed electricity, so wouldn't that be more for the fuel pump, and not the filter?

I'll have to look again tomorrow, to see if I can tell where it fell from. The connection was with a weld...now a rusty nub.

In any event, isn't there an easier way than welding for dealing with these things, for cripes sake? Isn't there some kind of 'liquid metal' that 'welds' or something, that I can just squirt on it? I think I've seen some stuff like that. ...Can't something like that do it? Crimping on grommets and drilling holes in metal?? Welding?? I mean, come on! :sly:

Add your comment to this topic!