Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Misfire # 3, Random Misfire

radrodder04
04-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Car idles rough especially till the engine is warm. If you try to drive it COLD it troughs 2 codes I not a total :jerking:, so I figured I needed plugs coil pack or wires. BUT' According to MY Mechanic it only has 60# compression in cyl. 3 at idle( the only one he checked) And he said it had very low spark on plug number # So therefore he can't do any thing for me. So #1 I went and bought a bottle of Restaline.

radrodder04
04-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Smilies :eek7: :cool:
:loser: :sly: :jerking:
:biggrin: :headshake :redface:
:confused: :lol2: :grinyes:
:eek: :lol: :banghead:
:grinno: :licka: :wink:
:shakehead :sunglasse :screwy:I got side tracked before I finished my train of thought. My question " Will 1 cyl." which idles a 60 # compression but runs up to 120+ under throttle be the reason this car has a miss or should I change to a hoter or colder plug!!!!:loser:

thummmper
02-18-2012, 11:02 PM
I know its THREE YEARS LATER, but you can pull the #1 sp plug wire out while running with pliers and listen for the arcing from the lead wire. that will eliminate the sp plug wire as the break-- sounds like a slow compression leak that gets pumped up with higher rpms, so a valve job may be in order. whats with this site? the latest response besides this was a year ago....? no moths to the flame anymore?

radrodder04
02-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Thanks thummmper, It's been so long ago I don't even remember what kind of car it was. So i guess I either got it fixed or sold it.

Add your comment to this topic!