Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Cherokee Owner

ladytex70
04-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Happy Easter everyone..I recently became the new owner of a 98 Cherokee 4x4 and have just a couple of questions for the experts.

1. I have power locks..is there a way to see if this baby has keyless entry? My former vehicle did and I really miss having it..

2. The check engine light came on..took it to AutoZone, scanned it and it had 3 codes..P1694, P700 and P705..the next morning, light is off and the Jeep is running with no problems.

And finally..when I got it..the water pump had to be replaced because she was overheating..it had a new radiator and thermostat along with new hoses; she's still wanting to run at 215-220. Should I be concerned?

I do have a mechanic on stand by..(thanks ex hubby) and I'm not scared of getting my maniure messed up so any advice is helpful. I cannot wait to take this new toy to the Outer Banks and get on the sand...Thanks:cool:

Moppie
04-25-2011, 01:46 AM
Welcome to AF!

Did you clear the codes from the ECU before getting them read?
Some ECU's hold historical codes from things that may have been fixed in the past.
Most can be cleared by simply disconnecting the batter for a few minutes.

210deg is only about 100dec C, which is fine as the operating temp, about where it should be. :cool:

fredjacksonsan
04-26-2011, 01:55 PM
For the power locks, I don't know of a way to find out about the keyless entry; the dealership could probably help you there. (If there's something in the VIN that indicates keyless, I'm not aware of it)

ladytex70
04-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Again..thanks for the advice. So far my new beast is running great..it's been fun learning all the little quirks it has. I might have to replace the catalytic converter before I go on vacation in June..it's the original and probably past time to be done. I am so in love with the fact that when I filled it up the other day it cost me about half what I was paying to fill the full size Suv I recently gave to the ex hubby.

Add your comment to this topic!