Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1998 Venture engine noise when accelerate

cheungderek
04-23-2011, 10:09 AM
My above Venture has only 110,000km. Lately, when I press the accelerator, there is some "low freq" noise coming from the engine. The harder I press the gas padel, the larger is the noise. When I go to the desired speed and off the gas padel, the noise is gone.

I have the Jaynes Repair Manual for Venture and it kind of suggests that it is a worn or demagned crankshaft bearings or an unevenly worn crankshaft. I hope it is something simple that I can fix such as a muffler etc...

Anyone has this problem on their Venture?

Many thanks
Derek

FishFind
04-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Well you should get a Haynes manual and ditch that Jaynes thing. Can you start it and just open the hood and control the throttle with your hand so you can be under the hood and try and hear where it is coming from?

cheungderek
04-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the reply. I actually have the Haynes manual. Sorry for the typo.

The car starts without any problem. Just that when I press on the gas pedal, this loud "low freq" sound came out some where near the engine. I will open up the hood and see whether I can find where is the sound.

Well you should get a Haynes manual and ditch that Jaynes thing. Can you start it and just open the hood and control the throttle with your hand so you can be under the hood and try and hear where it is coming from?

FishFind
04-23-2011, 10:47 AM
control the throttle with your hand to give it more gas. It is to the right of where it says sfi you will see two cables going to it that look like brake cables on a bike

Add your comment to this topic!