Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

89 cavalier bogging out and dying

TheCavylife
04-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Hi i Have a 89 cavalier z24 5 speed and lately i have been having problems with it it only has just rolled over a hundred thousand km's and it is bogging out and dying the check engine light and shift light flickers adn my fan makes a loud vibration we have replaced the fuel filter fuel pump took out the catalytic converter.. we had put it on a computer but nothing came up and its driving me bonkers :runaround:someone please your help will be much appreciated

jdl
04-20-2011, 10:15 AM
How long since a tune-up? All you need to check for mil codes is a jumper wire between the A & B terminals at the datalink connector, turn key till dash lites come on,. no further, the cel goes to flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes.

Use a gage and check fuel pressure.

TheCavylife
04-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Ive heard other people have the same problem and they are saying unplug a blue wire by my air intake somethign about the tcc lockup solinoid i dont know alot about cars any feedback will be great

OdinStrife
06-05-2011, 04:56 AM
im having the same issue but with an automatic, been to 3 shops and work with three guys that have 60+ years exp. I posted about this, if you could read it and let me know if there are any diffrences I would appreciate it, also... no offence but I wouldnt suggest cutting wires, its very easy to cost a few hundred dollers in damage if something goes wrong and if you do need to cut make sure you give yourself enough room so that if you need to re connect the wire you can. I will be working on mine the next few days and let you know if I figure it out, if nothing else its a place to tart from.

Add your comment to this topic!