Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Avalon A/C not working

Johnboy555
04-15-2011, 01:23 PM
I have a 2000 Avalon that I inherited from my Dad. It's always been garaged, maintained and had only 50,000 miles... It now has about 55K.
Anyway, one day I hit the A/C button and nothing happened... It worked just fine before ( I know..it's not broken until it's broken!) So, I checked the freon...it's fine. Jumped the pressure switch (in front of radiator) no change. Checked fuses and relay..both OK. The switch is just a "touch switch" with a light that comes on when it is pushed (no light), not an "on/off" or dial,

Any ideas where I can look now? With the economy as bad as it is and wife out of work, dropping $300 or so to take to dealer is not really possible. I've been working on my cars since I was 16 (many, many years ago) so working with a wrench is second nature for me, but really never got into A/C too much.

HELP!!

Brian R.
04-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will forward a copy of the Toyota FSM which contains a whole section on the A/C system. Check it out and try the troubleshooting procedure. Come back with questions or the fix...

Add your comment to this topic!