Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2006 V8 Coil Issue becomes AC Issue

RJLipscomb
04-14-2011, 08:06 AM
My wife took our 2006 LS V8 into the Lincoln dealership for diagnostic and then #8 coil pack replacement ($360). On the way home, the AC doesn't work - blowing hot air. Could the mechanic have somehow damaged the DCCV? or unplugged something?

I replaced the DCCV about a 1 1/2 years ago. I'm in Saudi Arabia and cannot look at it myself. I will have her check the AC codes and post back.

joegr
04-14-2011, 09:51 AM
It's possible, but very unlikely. The DCCV and its cabling are not disturbed during the diagnosing or replacement of coils. I think that this probably really is just a coincidence.
You might also want to check the fuse for the DCCV and AC compressor.

RJLipscomb
04-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks...
I wish I could look it over, but can't. She's going to take it back to the dealer and have it looked at. I just hate that nagging feeling that maybe, just maybe, they did something to create more work for them to fix. (long story about a mechanic we used to trust - and, sears). Worked fine, go to dealer for something else, now doesn't work... not meaning to say, but...

RJLipscomb
04-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Well, now it's working again. We'll run the diagnostic and check for codes. She still wants to take it back to the dealer. I wonder who will win?

Add your comment to this topic!