Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Tahoe ABS and traction Lights on, service stability system

chriseisenbraun9
04-14-2011, 12:13 AM
I just bought an 04 Tahoe 2 weeks ago, 83k miles, 4x4, traction control.

It was fine for a couple days and then all of a sudden as i pulled into my driveway one night the Service stability sytem popped up on the dash and the abs and traction control lights came on, and have been on ever since. I had the codes checked and it came up as Both wheel speed sensors were bad. I had the codes cleared and the lights turned on right away. I got under it today to check the wiring and both sensors and hubs looked new, sure enough i called the previous owner and he said they were all replaced a month ago. No wires are broken, i took the sensors out and cleaned the magnet and re installed. Still the lights on, now its showing the Wheel speed sensors and a C0110 ABS pump circuit malfunction

Anyone have any advice what to do from here? Ive never had to do anything with abs before so im kind of at a loss for direction here

MT-2500
04-14-2011, 07:51 AM

It was fine for a couple days and then all of a sudden as i pulled into my driveway one night the Service stability sytem popped up on the dash and the abs and traction control lights came on, and have been on ever since. I had the codes checked and it came up as Both wheel speed sensors were bad. I had the codes cleared and the lights turned on right away. I got under it today to check the wiring and both sensors and hubs looked new, sure enough i called the previous owner and he said they were all replaced a month ago. No wires are broken, i took the sensors out and cleaned the magnet and re installed. Still the lights on, now its showing the Wheel speed sensors and a C0110 ABS pump circuit malfunction

Anyone have any advice what to do from here? Ive never had to do anything with abs before so im kind of at a loss for direction here

What are the wheel sensor codes?

On the Code C0110 you need to get a repair flow chart for thatb code and go all of the way threw it.

j cAT
04-14-2011, 06:55 PM

the front wheel sensors need to output 450 MV AC...thats almost 1/2 volt ac..rotating the hub at a good rate with your hand see what you get...check that the wires are solid no splices ..measure the resistance at the connector to see what the voltage resistance is.

hubs should come with a matched sensor..you do not use the old ones. find out who made the front hubs.

the big hub nut is torqued to 157 ft lbs. if not torqued correctly this can cause failure....

the abs pump circuit failure , may be the abs pump relay. go the the web site that repairs these they have a good troubleshooting proceedure and a telephone number to call or email with your questions..

the abs pump draws a good 60 amps the relay over time can't handle it..when you start up the vehicle it automaticly tests the abs pump. this is under the vehicle under the drivers seat ,,,controller is on top of it .. with a hammer give the abs unit a few taps not too hard see if the lamp clears..

Add your comment to this topic!