Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Taking care of my Toyota to help it make 300,000 miles!

Colorado Rambler
04-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Hi! I'm new to the forum, but not to Toyota's. I love them! I've had two so far, and if all goes well at the dealer's, I hope to acquire my third Toyota tomorrow.

My now ex-husband took care of all the maintenance on our first Toyota, a '76 truck that we bought new. It got well over 300,000 miles before we finally sold it. My second Toyota was a RAVII which was going strong at 160,000 miles when I unwisely loaned it to someone else to drive, and that person totaled it. :mad:

At this point in my life, I have very little money, so I bought a 1995 T100 Pickup DX 4WD (V6) with 200,000 miles. The Car Fax on it checks out - one owner the entire time and no accidents. Just looking it over, I can tell it was well cared for.

I'm really hoping that it will give me another 100,000 miles by which time, I should have gotten some voc training and have a better paying job, so that my next Toyota will be an upgrade.

I know about changing the oil and fluids every 3,000 miles. What other maintenance things should I do for it to keep it running in the best condition?

Thanks!

Brian R.
04-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Here a link to a list of factory-recommended maintenance items and their costs:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-maintenance/guide-page.html

Just fill out the form. Since you just bought the truck, and Toyota normally makes every 30k miles a more comprehensive maintenance, I would go back to 180k miles on the form and make sure all the recommended maintenance at that mileage was performed.

I hope whomever you bought the truck from has the maintenance receipts or a record of the maintenance performed. It will save you a lot of money.

Add your comment to this topic!