Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 PA running like crap again.

mrd2001
04-10-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm pulling three codes on this beauty, P3025 ( knock sensor) I have a replacement sensor but nobody can tell me with confidence where it is located. There are two that look alike, one is behind the starter and an other on the back of the motor. Second code is P1361 ( Ignition control toggle malfunction ) which means absolutely nothing to me, I have recently replaced, plugs, wires and one coil pack. The third code was P1561 ( cruise control vent solenoid )? What ever that means! I'm a hell of a body man, so-so mechanic! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

82Stang
04-26-2011, 05:50 PM
A knock sensor will definitely make it run like crap. Most are located on the back of the engine or head. I'd install that and see what's what then. If it still runs bad, try unhooking the battery for 5 mins and resetting the system. it will need to be run/driven for a few cycles while it relearns parameters. Hot and cold cycle a few times.

Jrs3800
04-27-2011, 08:39 PM
The series II L36 for 95 uses a single channel dual knock sensor circuit... You have front and rear bank knock sensors... So yes you saw 2 of them...

The The code 1361 means that the PCM either did not take over timing control or the ICM did not see the handshake... after 400 Rpms the PCM should take over timing command... If this did not happen( and with the 1361 it didn't ) this means you are running in Module timing mode 10* advance IIRC...

Most of the time we find on the 94-95 GM 3800's ( C,H and U ) Platforms 1361 may be a result of an unhappy PCM... Very common of this generation of PCM..

So you have a few problems to look at...

If you were to let the car idle, would it at any point just stall like you shut the key off?

Also for the 1561, check all of your Vacuum lines.... You may be having a line collapse causing a vent solenoid issue..

Just noticed... Looks like we are not too far apart...LOL

brcidd
04-27-2011, 08:58 PM
I've changed PCM to get out of the "run like crap" mode twice...

Seems to be pretty common on '95 C/H bodies..

Add your comment to this topic!