Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Civic HX Transmission Problems

p2theny
05-27-2003, 11:46 PM
Hi- anyone have an HX model? Don't get one! I bought my car NEW (in 2001) and at only 18k miles, my transmission is being replaced! I'm lucky it's still under warranty, otherwise, I'd be paying a fortune.

I've done some research and discovered that there are problems with the HX models, something with the tranny and stuff (not too familiar with cars). Anyways, I wanted to file my car under the lemon law; however, found out that it's not covered if 18k or more:(

I'm so down, I'm currently a fulltime student and just started my internship and with NO CAR! If anyone else has had problems with their HX Civic, please contact me. Or if anyone hasn't had problems with their HX, please let me know, perhaps there's some hope:)

cali24
07-02-2003, 04:33 PM
I bought a 2001 Civic HX used with only 5000 miles on it and have taken it in twice to get work done on the tranny. The first time, 20 tests were run and it worked for about 6 months. I recently took it in a month ago and a kit was bought under my warrenty which expires soon and the car runs fine again. Otherwise no more problems. My car has about 31,000 miles on it now.

gr8ness
07-17-2003, 06:03 PM
I have a 1999 Honda Civic HX. I bought it brand new late 1998. 33K miles later the entire transmission was replaced! That was ok, warranty still covered since I was under 36K miles. It's been 3 years later and it's now in the shop with another busted transmission. The shop wants $3,700 to rebuild!!! And here I bought a Honda just so I can avoid situations like this.

So if you have a Civic HX...GET RID OF IT WHILE YOU CAN!!! I can't believe they still try to pedal off this HX model with it's "special" transmission. I've spoken to a couple of auto shops and they all mentioned that Honda does know about the tranny problems.

BullShifter
07-17-2003, 11:37 PM
The idea of the transmission is good, but in reality its JUNK!

LeeLee52
01-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Hi- anyone have an HX model? Don't get one! I bought my car NEW (in 2001) and at only 18k miles, my transmission is being replaced! I'm lucky it's still under warranty, otherwise, I'd be paying a fortune.

I've done some research and discovered that there are problems with the HX models, something with the tranny and stuff (not too familiar with cars). Anyways, I wanted to file my car under the lemon law; however, found out that it's not covered if 18k or more:(

I'm so down, I'm currently a fulltime student and just started my internship and with NO CAR! If anyone else has had problems with their HX Civic, please contact me. Or if anyone hasn't had problems with their HX, please let me know, perhaps there's some hope:)

***I HAD A '98 CIVIC HX AND THE TRANSMISSION WENT AS WELL. IT ONLY HAD ABOUT 30 THOUSAND MILES ON IT...MY WARRANTY RAN OUT AND I HAD TO TRADE IT IN AND GET A NEW CAR(I GOT AN ACCORD THIS TIME) BECAUSE IT WAS GONNA COST TOO MUCH TO GET IT REPLACED (ABOUT $6000). IF ANYONE ELSE HAD OR IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM, CONTACT "7 ON YOUR SIDE" - 212-456-0433...MAYBE THEY CAN HELP ALL OF US HX OWNERS WHO WERE AND ARE OUT OF LUCK.

notenoughmoney
01-12-2004, 11:27 PM
I have an HX model civic 97 with 92000 miles on it. I bought it used 1.5 yrs ag with 67000 miles on it. It is running fine as far as trans and engine are concearned. Guess I am lucky.... they have brand new CVT Trans (thats the HX trans) on ebay for around 1500 dollars (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2453245036&category=33727)

Add your comment to this topic!