Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1996 geo metro 3cyl

efcsp4l
04-09-2011, 12:18 AM
hi guys,

i have a 1996 geo metro, standard.

for the past couple of weeks, she will not start if the temperature outside is 65 or warmer. she cranks but wont start. she starts in the cooler temperatures and seems to run fine. what could this be? :\

its been going on ever since i took her down some pretty bad and bumpy backroads a few weeks back (i knew i shouldnt have) and i cant help but think thats what caused this.

any help is greatly appreciated.

brivers
04-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Sounds like condensation on ignition system. Change your dist cap, rotor, and plug wires and spray all with silicone spray.

Woodie83
04-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Sounds like the PCM thinks the car is cold all the time, the only time it's providing the proper mix is when the engine is, in fact, cold. Check to make sure the IAT sensor (in the back of the airbox pancake) and the ECT (mounted on the throttle body, green connector if I recall correctly) are firmly connected. Also, as always, check the ground wire bundle screwed to the back of the intake manifold under the throttle body, and make sure the small coolant hoses going to the throttle body both get hot when the engine is hot.

mcmalloy
04-10-2011, 10:50 AM
could be the gas cap is not doing its job, might be getting a vapor lock

Add your comment to this topic!