Keyless??

truc0011
04-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Do all Montanas have keyless? I just got a 2003 with no remotes. How can I tell which remote to get and if in fact the van has the module? If it doesn't have it can I add it?

Also with a 2000 Montana I had I could put the key in the door lock and hold it in one direction to unlock the doors and the opposite direction to lock them, the 2003 does do that. Can it be added?

brcidd
04-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Do you have an electric lock/unlock switch on your doors? If so, If all you want to do is lock/unlock, you can buy an aftermarket system for about $35 online that will work just fine and doe not care if you have a module or not. This would be much cheaper than buying OEM remotes.

truc0011
04-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Do you have an electric lock/unlock switch on your doors? If so, If all you want to do is lock/unlock, you can buy an aftermarket system for about $35 online that will work just fine and doe not care if you have a module or not. This would be much cheaper than buying OEM remotes.

Remotes are pretty cheap, but I will keep this option in mind. Does anybody know if all Montana's have keyless? I know I can call the dealer with the vin but they never like giving me too much free information.

brcidd
04-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Is "UA6" on your RPO code list? on label usually on back of glove box. If so, your vehicle had keyless entry OEM.

Or, you can remove your upper trim panel on top of dash, below windshield and see if you have a RCDLR (remote control door lock receiver) module.

If you have electric automatic door openers on sliding doors- you can bet you have keyless entry module and RPO code UA6.

woscarr
04-06-2011, 10:36 AM
So far as I know YES all Montana's, Venture's and Silhouette's 97 and above (new body style) came basic feature 'keyless entry' system.

I have a 98 Trans Sport (same body as Montana) keyless with no other power features.. ie; no power windows.

I also have a 02 Silhouette (same body also as the Montana) with keyless and full power options.

Check ebay to get those key fobs pretty cheap $20 range.

Cheers.
Wayne.

rkvons
04-07-2011, 12:49 PM
You can look under the dash to see if that module is under there, but I think I would assume you have it. Then I would go to a place like http://www.remote-superstore.com and get the one for your vehicle, based on whether you have 1 or 2 power sliding doors. I would try programming it and see what happens.

Onblsht
05-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Yes, all Montanas do from 97-forward.

The only difference will be what remote type you will use, depending on if the vehicle has power sliding doors, as there are a few options:

http://originalkeyless.com/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=%2200+Montana%22

Add your comment to this topic!