Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Thunder Valley F1

Pages : [1] 2 3

eastmanace
04-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Hello all......OK, upon getting my feet wet in Formula 1 modeling I have come to a realization that must be common knowlege to the old hands : Finding certian detail sets is like looking for the Holy Grail. I guess the hunt is all part of the build. I've pretty much given up on ever finding the Perfect Parts set for my 1/12 MP 4/6 ( at least for a somewhat sane price), but I'm wondering if Thunder Valley F1 is still in business. I have left multiple messages via email/phone these last couple of weeks with no reply. Anyone know if Paul's Formula Perfect set and Brake set are still available or have they gone the way of the Dodo? Thanks.....Cliff

leafs004
04-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Paul is still around and desperately trying to catch up on back orders. There's several threads on F1m.com. His stuff is excellent, but right now, you'll have to be patient because he's been having some serious issues with production, capital, and delivery. I have the Ferrari set and brakes on order since about December 2009. I believe I will receive them, but probably not before the end of the year.

eastmanace
04-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the update leafs.....helped me to pull the trigger on a Perfect Parts set with brakes. And thanks to Steve too.....Cliff

hecep
06-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Thunder Valley F1. Yes. I, for one, definitely have had some experience with them. Let's see. In late 2009, I enquired into the status of two orders...

(one) Lotus 99T Detail Set ($45.35 PayPal paid on 6/15/2007)
(one) 1/12 Ferrari Wheel Nut/Spindle Set ($40.30 PayPal paid on 5/13/2008)

... all yet to be received to date. As in 2009, he last week (after I enquired again) gave me the old mea maxima culpa as only that old smoothy Paul Raterink can dole out; he's got it down pat by now. "My! How did this happen! Maybe it got lost in delivery! I'll make this right!" Sound familiar? And the only thing it takes for the customer-apologists to come to his rescue is that they actually received their orders. The chosen few who claim to speak for the many. Does that sound cruel? Perhaps so, but is that any more cruel than TVF1 stating that everything goes back into the business (with this supposedly offering proof that all efforts are being made to get orders out) and yet, now, PR is buying himself a new Ducati. Google that, and check it out for yourself.:banghead:

icon_modeler
06-14-2011, 08:39 AM
Thunder Valley F1. Yes. I, for one, definitely have had some experience with them. Let's see. In late 2009, I enquired into the status of two orders...

(one) Lotus 99T Detail Set ($45.35 PayPal paid on 6/15/2007)
(one) 1/12 Ferrari Wheel Nut/Spindle Set ($40.30 PayPal paid on 5/13/2008)

... all yet to be received to date. As in 2009, he last week (after I enquired again) gave me the old mea maxima culpa as only that old smoothy Paul Raterink can dole out; he's got it down pat by now. "My! How did this happen! Maybe it got lost in delivery! I'll make this right!" Sound familiar? And the only thing it takes for the customer-apologists to come to his rescue is that they actually received their orders. The chosen few who claim to speak for the many. Does that sound cruel? Perhaps so, but is that any more cruel than TVF1 stating that everything goes back into the business (with this supposedly offering proof that all efforts are being made to get orders out) and yet, now, PR is buying himself a new Ducati. Google that, and check it out for yourself.:banghead:

Some People just have no ethics,,,,,,,,,,,,

http://www.diavel-forum.com/index.php?/topic/286-hi-from-grand-rapids-mi/

lumpulus
06-14-2011, 09:00 AM
This is SO NOT COOL. The fecal matter will now strike the rotary air movement device.

Paul Raterink
06-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Alright, Everyone calm down until you know the FACTS.

Thank you to a forum member who brought this to my attention.

I have always been up fornt and honest with everyone and this situation will be no different.

Yes, there is a Ducati on hold for me at a dealership.

However, it is NOT my money that is down on it, it is one of my very best buddies who put the deposit on it.

Will it be purchased by me. Hopefully but that is something I really don't know yet.

As many of you know, the last of my parents, my mother, passed away in January of this year. We (all of my siblings and I) are waiting for everything to get settled with her estate, which means I will FINALLY be getting a LITTLE bit of money. First and foremost, some of this money will be used to make whole everyone I owe product to. Please read that sentenace again because it is of the utmost importance. If there is money left my wife and I will be putting some money away and IF there is anything left after that then i will be buy a Ducati. But as of this writing, nothing has happened and I am no where near to owning it yet.

My buddies are all riders and they want me to ride with them, so we have all been searching for a bike that would fit me (I'm small, at 5' 5") so there are almost no bikes that fit me but the Ducati does. So my buddy offered to put money down on it so the dealship would hold it so I could possibly buy it after my mother's estate is settled.

This buddy is the same one who has been giving me money at times to keep food on the table and a roof over our heads.

Yes, things are terrible here and they will continue that way until the estate is settled. I know full well that I owe a lot of good folks a lot of product and I WILL make everyone whole and then some. Presently I am working on all the machined parts for the kits so when I get my hands on the money I can quickly order the PE and other components and as quickly as possible get orders shipped out of here.

I have always used my real name on forums because I have nothing to hid whatsoever.

My family and I have been struggling for over three years now and my buddy put some money down on the bike so I would have something to look forward to because what we have been going thorugh is very depressing.

Some of you may not believe these words and that's fine. What I have written will come to pass and everyone will be get everything they ordered plus extra.

It is Summer and being a stay-at-home father means once again my boys are with me all the time and this is making it difficutl to answer all the emails and keep work going but I am doing the best I can.

I know human nature (in some) is to assume the worst and jump to conclusions without asking the accused the facts which is completely understandable, so please just ask me and I'll answer.

Is it so bad or have I done something so terrible as to have a buddy help give me a bright spot to dream about to help me amke it through this hell I have been living through?

Sincerely,

Paul

CADguy
06-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Maybe your buddy should invest in your "business", and help you deliver the product people have paid for years in advance, and not in your toys.

Paul Raterink
06-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Maybe your buddy should invest in your "business", and help you deliver the product people have paid for years in advance, and not in your toys.

I see your point, but there is a big difference between a couple of hundred dollar and several thousand needed to correct this situation.

I posted some additional comments on www.f1m.com (http://www.f1m.com)

Here is the link:

http://www.f1m.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15760&p=152961#p152961

I also have nothing to hid nor do I really have anything to apologize for.

I have never hid from anyone and I have never lied or tried to hide anything.

Here are all my contact info:

thundervalleyf1@gmail.com
infor@thundervalleyf1.com
sales@thundervalleyf1.com

616-365-0583

Paul

Paul Raterink
06-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Hi Hector C.,

You are 100 percent correct that I owe you the items stated. I have so much to correct that your order fell off my radar. I will correct this as soon as I can. I hope in a few months but I can't promise since I don't know when things will get settled. You certainly deserve better. I'm sorry I have had so many problems and they have impacted you so terribly.

Stay Well Hector & Kind Regards,

Paul

hecep
06-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Mr. Raterink -

You think this only has to do with customers not receiving their paid-for items? That's just the secondary side-drama. Any latent disgust and enmity that dealings with you seems to generate has much more to do with you playing the suffering saint and your "talent" for stringing your paying customers along and buying more time for yourself. I'm sorry if your personal life is tragic, but you run a business which is the primary basis for any interaction that you have with your customers; it is a business arrangement. A serious business man does not flog his customers with weepy tales. How dare you! You are not my charity. You are a vendor. Act like one.

Paul Raterink
06-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Hector,

I'm sorry you feel that way. I am not stringing anyone along, I am just trying to correct the situation and it's going to take time and money. So, no more promises or expected, planned delivery dates. When I get it done I'll ship it. I simply can not offer anything more than that because the rest of it is out of my hands.

Stay Well hector,

Paul

Paul Raterink
06-14-2011, 11:18 PM
???

daniel_k
06-15-2011, 02:18 AM
ohboy....I really can't stand that bullXXXX anymore.
Everytime someone want's money from TVF1 there comes the stories again....

I really can't stand why US modellers don't sue the crap out of him. Hey otherwise you will never ever see your money again.

You need a bike...great go and buy the most expensive available..why not get a used Japanese bike for small money?!? I also thought you still had two Porsche..a 914 and 911. SELL them to pay people their money back

EVERYTHING else is not an option.

that is so unbelievable :banghead:

daniel
-no I never did buy anything from him but those people make me sick-

aitala
06-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Note that the F1M Forums are currently offline while I deal with the mess there. Which may include removing the entire Forums. I'm tired of the whole mess.

Thanks folks...

Eric

davesans
06-15-2011, 08:13 AM
Note that the F1M Forums are currently offline while I deal with the mess there. Which may include removing the entire Forums. I'm tired of the whole mess.

Thanks folks...

Eric

That's a real bummer Eric I hope it doesn't happen because of this.

hecep
06-15-2011, 08:28 AM
@daniel k: I didn't know about the Porsches. Take a look at Raterink's posts on the diavel site re his two Ducatis in the garage. It's amazing that with all the effort he's allegedly putting into catching up on orders, he has time to restore a couple of motorcycles. Incredible.

icon_modeler
06-15-2011, 09:05 AM
@daniel k: I didn't know about the Porsches. Take a look at Raterink's posts on the diavel site re his two Ducatis in the garage. It's amazing that with all the effort he's allegedly putting into catching up on orders, he has time to restore a couple of motorcycles. Incredible.

Finally, I thought I was the only one who noticed this and was completely disgusted. There is a serious in-balance going on somewhere.

Good luck DR.E.!!!

millersbrm
06-15-2011, 10:33 AM

Thanks folks...

Eric

Eric, appreciate you please reinstate the forums. I really enjoy the "on topic" discussions. Suggest that new rules or reminders regarding subject discussions may be appropriate.

stevenoble
06-15-2011, 10:54 AM

Thanks folks...

Eric

Been away a few days so maybe I missed something..?? Mess..??

grundski
06-15-2011, 11:21 AM
I find it amusing. One of the posters here emphatically defends Ron at Racing Min. for being late, months late, with no emails yet jumps on the bandwagon here to rip Paul for buying a motorcycle. Do you think Paul is rolling in the money from TVM? I would venture a guess not. The hypocrisy is astounding.

What you guys FAIL to see, is nobody in the model business is getting rich and most guys have two jobs, the hobby and a real job. The real job buys motorcycles and cars and what not. The hobby money gets dumped back into the hobby.

So what makes me sick is all the clowns who never dealt with Paul coming on here bitching like school girls because he buys a friggin motorcycle. It's his personal life and it's none of your GD business.

drunken monkey
06-15-2011, 11:40 AM
what?

there is outstanding debt.
that should be the priority before personal interests.

or are you saying that if you pay me $200 for a kit and I don't deliver that for 2 years, it'd still be ok for me to go buy myself a $400 watch because the watch would be paid for from my other job?

eyckles
06-15-2011, 11:49 AM

Thanks folks...

Eric

Hi Dr. Eric,

I hope you don't delete the forum because of this. Some of the members are not involved in this mess and have Nothing to do with it and are just modeler's and modeling enthousiasts like me. It's great place to be, when you need help and when new kits and parts come out and offcoarse the beautiful models that are displayed by those modeler's. I understand that you are put in the middle of this mess and i hope you can solve it. Good luck friend.

Best regards,
Lesley

Paul Raterink
06-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Notices have been posted and sent regarding the immediate suspension of Thunder Valley business operations. I will not be answering any emails or taking any phone calls until I have resolved the long lingering business problems. If you are interested in placing an order or pre-order please send an email and I will respond once I have resumed normal business operations.

I will be focusing only on making product and filling orders.

Normal business operations will be suspended for at least 90 days and possibly up to 6 months.

Thank You,

Paul

leafs004
06-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi Dr. Eric,

I hope you don't delete the forum because of this. Some of the members are not involved in this mess and have Nothing to do with it and are just modeler's and modeling enthousiasts like me. It's great place to be, when you need help and when new kits and parts come out and offcoarse the beautiful models that are displayed by those modeler's. I understand that you are put in the middle of this mess and i hope you can solve it. Good luck friend.

Best regards,
Lesley

Actually MOST of the members were not involved with the circus. Sadly, several people did behave poorly and threw any civility and reason out the window. Pulling down the forum was the smartest thing to do. It hopefully gives a chance for this mess to get sorted out. I suspect Eric will eventually will return the forums as they are a wealth of information, but the Thunder Valley issue is causing a lot of problems. When F1m unofficially became the place to get a hold of Paul, we saw many first time users posting issues to get Paul's attention. That's not fair to F1m. Eric is not a messenger service.

There is a lot of warranted frustration with Thunder Valley. The amount that I have outstanding to Thunder Valley is small (about $100), others I know are owed a lot more and I certainly empathize with their anxiety while I'm not worried about it. Unfortunately the actions seen at F1m over the last day are not going to solve any issues, and we could lose a great resource (F1m) for many modelers.

I hate to propose something like this because I do not agree with censorship, but in light of the current events about Thunder Valley, maybe the subject should be banned. Yes, we know there are issues with TVF1. Yes, people have a right to be upset with Paul. But if the subject of TVF1 is banned, then what F1m is supposed to be, a resource for modelers, can continue. I just hate seeing most of us suffer because of the actions of a few.

hecep
06-15-2011, 02:08 PM
"I will not be answering any emails or taking any phone calls until I have resolved the long lingering business problems. If you are interested in placing an order or pre-order please send an email and I will respond once I have resumed normal business operations."

TRANSLATION: "I see the writing on the wall here, so I will not be responding to requests for refunds. But send me emails that involve you sending me money."

lumpulus
06-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Notices have been posted and sent regarding the immediate suspension of Thunder Valley business operations. I will not be answering any emails or taking any phone calls until I have resolved the long lingering business problems. If you are interested in placing an order or pre-order please send an email and I will respond once I have resumed normal business operations.

I will be focusing only on making product and filling orders.

Normal business operations will be suspended for at least 90 days and possibly up to 6 months.

You should have done this years ago....too little, WAAAAAY too late.

racer93
06-15-2011, 02:58 PM
I find it amusing. One of the posters here emphatically defends Ron at Racing Min. for being late, months late, with no emails yet jumps on the bandwagon here...The hypocrisy is astounding.

Great point, Grundski.

drunken monkey
06-15-2011, 03:05 PM
again, what?

let's see.
Guy A defends bad vendor because as far as he is concerned, bad vendor is having a tough time that is interfering with vending business.
part of tough time is to do with not enough money.

Guy A then finds out that bad vendor, despite his claims of having a tough time and not enough money, finds a way to buy a new bike.

why is Guy A then not allowed to change his mind about the situation on finding out new information about the situation?

racer93
06-15-2011, 05:32 PM
DM, grundski was talking about two different vendors, not the same one.

drunken monkey
06-15-2011, 06:05 PM
oh wow, I completely failed to spot the different vendor in that sentence.

in that case, it isn't hypocrisy, it's more of a double standard.
unfair that may be but does that justify TVF1 is in buying a bike with someone else's money before settling his current obligations?

racer93
06-15-2011, 06:45 PM
oh wow, I completely failed to spot the different vendor in that sentence.

in that case, it isn't hypocrisy, it's more of a double standard.
unfair that may be but does that justify TVF1 is in buying a bike with someone else's money before settling his current obligations?

Well yes, but I wasn't commenting on this whole mess at all. :wink:

icon_modeler
06-15-2011, 07:24 PM
I find it amusing. One of the posters here emphatically defends Ron at Racing Min. for being late, months late, with no emails yet jumps on the bandwagon here to rip Paul for buying a motorcycle. Do you think Paul is rolling in the money from TVM? I would venture a guess not. The hypocrisy is astounding.

What you guys FAIL to see, is nobody in the model business is getting rich and most guys have two jobs, the hobby and a real job. The real job buys motorcycles and cars and what not. The hobby money gets dumped back into the hobby.

So what makes me sick is all the clowns who never dealt with Paul coming on here bitching like school girls because he buys a friggin motorcycle. It's his personal life and it's none of your GD business.

Glade I could put a smile on your face. If you think that the two different situations you have quoted are even remotely comparable you are fooling yourself.

Paul @ TVF1 owes many, many people thousands & thousands of dollars worth of unproduced product and has spent the money he received for those items "To put food on the table" leaving many holding the bag for years.

Ron @ Racing Miniatures dissolves his business and is selling a few items he "Has" to people who want them. Now I'm not going to, or never have defended his practice of not returning emails, but I never had any trouble getting a hold of Ron. I also received the items I bought about the time I expected to. That was between 4-5 weeks after emailing Ron and buying the last couple of items I got from him. SO as far as I know Ron made good on ALL is deals without leaving anyone holding the bag and in a reasonable amount of time.

How do these two situations even compare, they don't.

Oh, I am one of those guys "in the model business", at least I'm trying to be. I get my ass out of bed at 3:30 AM, work an regular 40 hour a week job so that I can get home in the afternoons and work on model stuff. I try and produce a quality product for a reasonable price and I DO NOT take anyone's money without having the product ready to ship. And you are right no one is getting rich but some are holding peoples money hostage so that they can buy motorcycles. My responsibility to my customers does not stop when the model money runs out. That is complete bull crap statement and you know it unless you have no business ethics or morals.

Last, well almost last. I have dealt with Paul, I have bought four kits from him. The last two being incomplete, missing the instructions. Paul couldn't even be bothered enough to send me an email when he finally had the instructions ready. I had to ask for them and then he couldn't even supply a link to find them on-line, I had to go and find them myself, Nice customer service!!!

OK, now last, racer93, Daniel, jump off bitch. You told me to stay away from you so you can do the same for me unless you have something intelligent to add.

racer93
06-15-2011, 07:33 PM
OK, now last, racer93, Daniel, jump off bitch. You told me to stay away from you so you can do the same for me unless you have something intelligent to add.
Yes sir! Right away, sir! :lol:

Nice "intelligent" language. I wasn't even talking to you. I was simply agreeing with grundski. You weren't even mentioned.

hecep
06-15-2011, 09:23 PM
I know I'm not the only one who's disturbed by any talk of censorship or prohibition of certain subjects here (as if this forum originates from China or North Korea). This thread started innocently enough, with a newbie (like me!) asking about possibly making a purchase from TVF1... then getting way more than he bargained for. And what's wrong with that? Are only happy face milquetoast answers allowed here? If the answer requires giving someone the ugly facts (the operative word here is facts), then I'll take a wild guess and state that the questioner would be more appreciative if he got steered from making an unwise decision than if he became just another angry casualty. I'm one of those weird people who feel obliged to share the truth with people when they ask for advice. (Except for when my Mom asks me if her holiday cooking was fabulous, to which I'll always answer, Yes!) Anyway, here's to facts. And having the ability to process facts properly and coming to the right conclusion.

willster127
06-15-2011, 10:18 PM
My unbiased, honest opinion, no dog in the fight to speak of.

I've dealt with Paul, one order, thats it. I received it, started to use it and had an issue with a part which was my fault entirely, I called, got him on the phone first time and a few days later received the replacement part free of charge, along with the rest of the etch sheet included.

A few weeks later all hell broke loose and I couldn't believe what I was reading, was it really the same guy? 3 years later I'm still reading the same so I figure it must be justified. I'm not a big player in this game, dont post much on forums, unless I feel I really have something to add! but if what I read today is true then this is a disaster on Pauls part and should really spell the end for TVF1.

As a small business owner I know the importance of customer service, and I have learned my own lessons, never to hear from some people ever again, we changed things and things are looking up but IMO customer service is number 1, and this is what i got from TVF1 in my limited dealings, If i was owed hundreds of dollars in product years later it WOULD be a different story.

Now, to answer the original question posted. Of the set I ordered I will use somewhere in the region of 30% of it, no doubt the parts are good quality but for the most part were simply metal copies of the plastic parts, hence bent up a little and in most cases with the ejector pin marks not filled before casting exact copies. To make the model I want to build I have ordered two other sets to compliment the TVF1 set.

I hope Paul gets it sorted out but I really fear that it may be too little too late.

leafs004
06-15-2011, 10:22 PM
I know I'm not the only one who's disturbed by any talk of censorship or prohibition of certain subjects here (as if this forum originates from China or North Korea). This thread started innocently enough, with a newbie (like me!) asking about possibly making a purchase from TVF1... then getting way more than he bargained for. And what's wrong with that? Are only happy face milquetoast answers allowed here? If the answer requires giving someone the ugly facts (the operative word here is facts), then I'll take a wild guess and state that the questioner would be more appreciative if he got steered from making an unwise decision than if he became just another angry casualty. I'm one of those weird people who feel obliged to share the truth with people when they ask for advice. (Except for when my Mom asks me if her holiday cooking was fabulous, to which I'll always answer, Yes!) Anyway, here's to facts. And having the ability to process facts properly and coming to the right conclusion.

The issue that came up is several people acted poorly, immaturely, and may potentially ruin a good place for us to share our builds and information at F1m. I would never recommend hiding the truth, but I don't want to visit a website where members are openly hostile and threatening each other.
These model sites are supposed to be about a community sharing a common interest. We have rules and laws in society. When someone doesn't adhere to those rules, they are punished by fines, probation or prison. When someone doesn't adhere to the rules laid down on a website that we agree to abide by, then what is the applicable punishment? Censoring or banishing in this case isn't like North Korea or China. These websites are also not free speech. They're run by people who have the right to make rules, enforce the rules, and punish offenders as they see fit.
The question facing F1m is how can we go back to that community that generally got along? The issues surrounding Thunder Valley are not new, but I and I'm sure many other are getting tired of it. Unfortunately the continual rehashing of the same problems isn't going to solve the issues. People who are owed product, like you and I, will have to decide how to handle our situations individually. If a member inquires about a company, you can explain why they should or should not purchase from said company without starting a war. You can look at my answer to the initial inquiry into Thunder Valley. I told the truth, and the requestor made an informed decision.

lumpulus
06-16-2011, 06:19 AM
leafs...There was ONE person and ONE persn ONLY that acted poorly, and that was Raterkink...I for one am happy that someone did a little digging and came up with the info that caused this whole blow up.

I really had a unique perspective of the situation as I am\was? a mod over at F1M and I was firmly on Raterink's side until the information was sent to me about the possible purchase of a motorcycle...which I then verified on the Ducati website, and trust me, it wasn't hard to find multiple posts that showed, IN RATERINK'S OWN WORDS, that he had in fact put money down on a bike...only AFTER he was called out on it, did he change his story and say a friend put the down payment on it for him...to me this is irrelevant.

The motorcycle incident is really just the straw that broke the camel's back, frankly. For far too long I had tried to give Raterink the benefit of the doubt, but the complaints and evidence just kept rolling in, and only when I was presented with proof in Raterink's own words did I make the decision to "go public".

Seeing how it has all played out so far, I'm glad I did. As a mod at F1M and another site, I'm used to getting thought of as the "bad guy", and I've had many other run ins over the 10 or so years I've been a mod at F1M, but this is the worst breach of trust I've ever seen anywhere, and Raterink's many excuses just won't save him this time.

I feel horrible for all of you that probably are out your hard earned money, but if I were you I would take all available steps out there for you to seek a refund.

leafs004
06-16-2011, 10:58 AM
After Hector posted the hints about the Ducati on this site, I too was able to find the Ducati website and follow what was going on. I also scanned the postings, and understood the impact of what I was reading. Ironically I was going to post it to F1m a few hours after you did because yes, it was a bombshell, and I knew it was going to get out of control fast. But the reason I hesitated for a while was to think about what was going to happen after, and figure out who to talk with about handling this information. I'm also a believer in due process, so I was also thinking about how to let Paul know this information was going up, and to give Paul the opportunity to respond.

You got the information up before me, and I don't begrudge you for that. It was too big, the hints were all out there that if you didn't post it, it was a matter of minutes? hours? before someone else did.

After that, how it was dealt with is where our paths diverged. There was no forethought about how this information would affect others. There was no plan to handle the anger and the outrage from people who were angry and outraged. And it devolved into a mob circus. Sanity could only begin to be restored when Eric pulled down the forums giving people time to cool off.

And what if the forums of F1m become the casualty? Is that fair to the other members who come to the forum to share their advice, tips, and their builds? Is it fair to Eric to come back to this with no forewarning? Shouldn't he have been involved with something this big?

69*Goat
06-16-2011, 02:00 PM
One thing that has not been mentioned yet other than (people acting poorly, and immature) is that:

When Paul was confronted with the information "In his own words", he should have been a man and admitted his mistakes, apologized, and started refunding money. Instead, he blamed the messenger, tried to change his story, and without missing a beat, used the threat of shutting down TVF1as a way to get people off of his back. I saw Paul for what he was a long time ago. Now he has succeeded in shutting down the Best and Only F1 modeling site on the net.

I understand Eric's headache especially since a threat of legal action was made. I have a feeling that those of us who frequent F1M would be more than happy to assist Eric in any way shape or form if legal action comes to pass.

wla4245
06-17-2011, 11:53 AM
I just do not understand how Thunder Valley debate closes the whole F1M forum?
I think eliminate that topic alone would have been enough.

BR Vellu

aitala
06-17-2011, 12:01 PM
There was more to it than just 'a debate' - things progressed to a level that I felt that was getting out of hand and actions were taken, both on F1M's Forum and elsewhere, that could have placed the Forums, the web site and myself in a precarious legal position.

I am working on restoring the Forums on F1M - it may take a little time however as there are some things I need to put in place to lessen the chance of a re-occurance of the situation.

Eric Aitala
Owner of F1M.com

I just do not understand how Thunder Valley debate closes the whole F1M forum?
I think eliminate that topic alone would have been enough.

BR Vellu

stevenoble
06-17-2011, 12:34 PM
I am working on restoring the Forums on F1M - it may take a little time however as there are some things I need to put in place to lessen the chance of a re-occurrence of the situation.

I hope you can do that because many people use the forum and it would be a shame to end it for good because of a situation that was out of your control.
In my opinion the whole TVF1 'mess' should have been sorted out a long time ago by Paul himself. How on earth it progressed to the current situation is beyond me...

lumpulus
06-17-2011, 01:33 PM
In an ironic twist...see the "Similar Threads" at the bottom of this page....from the time stamp it looks like the delivery delays were starting as early as 2007.

69*Goat
06-17-2011, 02:31 PM
I wonder if any of those original group of modeler's ever received their stuff? :banghead:

MerlinPro
06-22-2011, 06:08 PM
It's been five days since Eric posted about attempting to restart F1M.
Does anyone have input as to the status of that effort?

aitala
06-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Its running mostly... I've had issues keeping it online with all the folks returning.

Eric

MerlinPro
06-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Its running mostly... I've had issues keeping it online with all the folks returning.

Eric

Thanks for the reply and all your efforts.:thumbsup:

lumpulus
06-26-2011, 09:13 AM
Let's get back to talking about TVF1 and if people have received their orders or not...if you want to discuss F1M, why not got there and open up an account?

MerlinPro
06-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Let's get back to talking about TVF1 and if people have received their orders or not...if you want to discuss F1M, why not got there and open up an account?

I am registered there as you are. I didn't raise the F1M question.

lumpulus
06-26-2011, 07:55 PM
It's been five days since Eric posted about attempting to restart F1M.

Actually you did...and I no longer frequent that website.

mchriss
06-26-2011, 08:22 PM
It’s been three and a half years and counting. Several promises including "shipping this week" more than once. He took our money and kept us from acting on it by promises and excuses. He doesn’t even keep track of those who he owes money. If you ask him about it he requests you email him with the details. He gets indignant, and threatens if called on his actions. Hard to tell if he believes his own BS, or is delusional and thinks he will never have to answer for his actions. He is a real peach. His family that he uses for an excuse should be very proud. Look what he has done after getting busted – closed all communication – except if you want to send him money.

Lumpy, you called me out on the other forum for simply stating the guy took my money and didn’t deliver. I know there were some who believed he was a good guy and would do the right thing. Even I did at one time. I have given up on ever getting anything out of him. Maybe someone will report him to the AG. Hmmm, there’s an idea.

What pisses me off more than losing my money to him is his screwing up the F1M forum. We all really appreciate and enjoy what Eric does with this, and to have this guy mess this up for by threatening legal action after everything else he has done really grinds my gears. Maybe one of these days all of this will catch up to him. Grrrrrrr

Fangi0
06-26-2011, 08:34 PM

That's a shame... You could always be relied upon for 'robust' comment...

Perhaps when all this has died down a bit....

I wonder how succesful PR's business model would have been if he was dealing drugs or arms, rather the hobby supplies.....

Luckily his customers don't seem to be the type that resolve 'non-delivery' issues by putting you in the trunk of a car.

icon_modeler
06-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Maybe one of these days all of this will catch up to him. Grrrrrrr

Karma is a bitch, as they say. What comes around, goes around is another. One of these days he will get what's coming to him. Maybe it will be when he's riding his new Duc.:iceslolan:iceslolan

MerlinPro
06-26-2011, 09:55 PM

First mention of F1M in this thread from Eric's post #15:
"Note that the F1M Forums are currently offline while I deal with the mess there. Which may include removing the entire Forums. I'm tired of the whole mess.
Thanks folks...
Eric"
You from your post #38:
"As a mod at F1M and another site, I'm used to getting thought of as the "bad guy", and I've had many other run ins over the 10 or so years I've been a mod at F1M, but this is the worst breach of trust I've ever seen anywhere, and Raterink's many excuses just won't save him this time".
So which is it? Never mind-you're dismissed.
In post #47 Eric himself answered my request for an update. Yet you felt the need to chide me.
Apologies to the OP and other forum members for the unpleasant sidetrack. One who is considered a 'Mod' at other sites should at least have facts correct and not make belligerent comments to a well-intentioned and courteous poster.
No further discussion required.

daniel_k
06-27-2011, 04:58 AM
OK ..people are crying about their money and in some cases a lot of money...so what do you do ? posting in forums how bad things are, or are you really try to get your money back?
Is there a least of person who started legal steps against him ?

Reading the note on his website is the same crap all over again. He doesn't answer mails until everything is back to normal, will fill all orders (yeah sure) BUT the coolest is that he still takes orders. Well I guess he should stop taking orders until all other orders are filled...

daniel

lumpulus
06-27-2011, 06:53 AM
No further discussion required.

Wow, I was referring to your most recent post... It's been five days since Eric posted about attempting to restart F1M.

It had ALREADY been asked and answered...so you need to pay better attention...the facts were correct and you need to stop referring to yourself as well-intentioned and courteous, as you are neither. :screwy:

Can we get back to what this thread is about now?

Daniel K...for once you and I are on the same page! ;)

Fangi0, LMAO!!

Capri-Schorsch
06-27-2011, 03:18 PM
One thing i dont understand is.
Why is this guy still on the f1m forum?
Why can he write his answers in threads and talk to people like there is nothing happend in the past?

He is a everything,but not a trusty salesman!
I dont believe him anything.

But daniel is right.
Is there someone,only one,who has made the step and go to his lawyer?
When i would be a customer of him,i would try everything i can do to get my money back.

Christian

jano11
06-28-2011, 12:51 PM
One thing i dont understand is.
Why is this guy still on the f1m forum?
Why can he write his answers in threads and talk to people like there is nothing happend in the past?

I guess you think that things can be solved without a dialogue?
Or you prefer monologues?
Interaction is always good especially in complicated situations.

Capri-Schorsch
06-28-2011, 01:30 PM
I dont think that you are a customer of Paul?

If you are one of his customers who had payed him 1,2 or 3 years ago your money,you know how hard is is to interact with him.
When you write something about him the forum,he is quickley there and tell you a good "hollywood story" what happend to your order.He swears that your order will be made soon and your order is the next who will be shipped.
But thats all till you made the next attempt to interact with him.
He talk about new stuff that he will do,but a lot of customers wait more that one year without any sign of progress.

He got that complicated situation since a couple of years,and he do nothing to complete the open orders.The worst thing is that he is still ofer new stuff,instead of making the old ones to an end.

Thats not the thing how a buisness man should do his stuff!

I hope you can understand what i mean?My english is a bit "simple"

Christian

Add your comment to this topic!