Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Honda accord v6

ian.custer
03-28-2011, 05:31 PM
http://www.tomhoppe.com/pictures/2008_03_05_Race_Car/IMG_8041.jpg

i want to make my car look like this. how should i go about doing it?

Greenblurr93
03-28-2011, 08:54 PM
why would you want to? do you race the car competitively?

ian.custer
03-28-2011, 09:52 PM
no, but i like the look of it, i dont like the standard road car look, i want something different

Greenblurr93
03-30-2011, 05:10 PM
having a full roll cage in a street car is not only dangerous, but impracticable... i appreciate the desire to be unique... but i urge you to think of other ways.

CivicSpoon
03-30-2011, 11:18 PM
:1: A roll cage may protect you from being crushed in a rollover, or from being seriously injured directly from a big vehicle slamming into the side of your car. But even in a minor accident, you're far more likely to get seriously injured... when you slam your head against the roll cage, and suffer from serious head trauma. And unless you drive like an idiot, or your unlucky and get hit by a big SUV, Hummer, or truck, Honda's safety engineering should be enough to save your life (obviously things happen, and there are unfortunate exceptions.)

Replacing a steering wheel without an airbag, when your car came with out stock, is likely illegal (at the very least it's illegal in mots States), and certainly dangerous. That being said, plenty of people do it. Just keep the legality and dangers in mind.

The rest however, is simply stripping out parts, which is done for weight reduction. Stripping the carpet, sound deadening, interior panels, seats, heater, stereo, etc. If you can deal without those specific "comforts", then a factory service manual (Helms Inc) and some google searches will help you figure out how to uninstall those parts.

If you do choose to strip the interior of your car, I HIGHLY recommend saving those parts. Over time, you may get sick of the stripped interior look, and want to reinstall those parts. Or if you decide to sell the car, the next owner will likely want those parts. Trust me, I've seen it happen before.

Add your comment to this topic!