window seal

PaulD
03-26-2011, 10:02 AM
I have 01 Accord and below is a picture of the drivers side window seal. You will notice the outside lip is pushed under he window. Is this normal witg age or did someone try to break into my car ?

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/2486/3609/6214304002_large.jpg

BullShifter
03-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Normal. Lower the window a hair and move the seal outside of the window where it belongs. Park it in the sun and maybe that will help reform it. If it bothers you a lot you can easily replace the seal.

PaulD
03-26-2011, 04:41 PM
. How is this thing held to to the window frame ?

Not sure but most stuff like that is just pressed into a bead channel.

Maybe look the part up and see if there's a closeup detail...that'll usually give you some idea how stuff goes together.

jeffcoslacker
03-26-2011, 05:57 PM
They all do that...I've tried "retraining" them but it never works. They shrink and curl from age and UV damage. Once they start doing that, only option is replacement.

jeffcoslacker
03-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Sorry... I somehow edited your post instead of quoting you. Apparently my moderator superpowers misfired

PaulD
03-26-2011, 07:32 PM
I ordered new ones, hope I ordered the right parts

BullShifter
03-26-2011, 08:33 PM
It's held in by pressure. It slides all the way down in the window tracks inside the door. I find it easier to remove the door panel and pop the window out. It can be done with the window in but it's a PITA!. I also suggest lubing the rubber and metal guides in the door to help it slide easier, use silicon spray. I've lost track how many of those I have replaced. They usually get hard putting to much pressure on the window making it move slow and eventually burning out the window motor.

Add your comment to this topic!