Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

High idle in park

kospotts
03-23-2011, 08:21 PM
2001 venture 128k mi. Engine stated to high idle in park and neutral. Replaced iac and cleaned maf sensor. This worked for a few days now it is back to high idle in park and neutral. Checked all the vac lines that I could find. What gives? I need some new directions to go here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

lesterl
03-28-2011, 05:48 PM
When was the last tuneup done?

I dont recall what I did for my high idle, but I did get it fixed, so keep at it. Have you seafoamed the intake yet?

venturenot
04-01-2011, 08:55 PM
I had that problem and replaced my IAC and everything was fine. Maybe check your Intake Air Thermosat, it could be giving the wrong temp readings. Also, your throttle position sensor, are you getting any surge while driving?

AdVenture
06-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Did you get this resolved? I know it's been 8 weeeks since last post but we all know how people put things off,lol. I was just experiencing very high idle where I had to turn the car off then back on sometimes it fixed it sometimes it didn't. I took it to the shop and he changed the Throttle Positioning Switch and she's all better now. Hope this helps.

Add your comment to this topic!