Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Escape electrical problem after new battery

jrecken
03-20-2011, 01:05 PM
My cousin has a 2002 Escape that the battery went totally dead. She had a friend replace the battery. Once the new battery was in the radio,cd player and clock do not work and the door locks only work with the engine running. I am not familiar with the Escape, does this sound like a fuse problem or bad ground. I was just looking for a heads up on this because she cannot bring it over until later in the week.
Thanks for any help

Scrapper
03-20-2011, 01:12 PM
My cousin has a 2002 Escape that the battery went totally dead. She had a friend replace the battery. Once the new battery was in the radio,cd player and clock do not work and the door locks only work with the engine running. I am not familiar with the Escape, does this sound like a fuse problem or bad ground. I was just looking for a heads up on this because she cannot bring it over until later in the week.
Thanks for any help

is the check engine lite on? and are you sure it's charging? sounds like a ground wire or blown fuse?

jrecken
03-23-2011, 11:32 PM
No, the check engine light is not on. All fuses checked ok and were replaced and still nothing is working. Ground was cleaned.
I have been searching for information on this problem and it appears to he quite common but still no answers.
Owner called dealer and they wanted $90 just to look at it.

Scrapper
03-24-2011, 09:19 AM
No, the check engine light is not on. All fuses checked ok and were replaced and still nothing is working. Ground was cleaned.
I have been searching for information on this problem and it appears to he quite common but still no answers.
Owner called dealer and they wanted $90 just to look at it.

i think i told you before you could've shorted out the modue is it starting at all and you still don't have spark?

jrecken
03-24-2011, 10:13 AM
scrapper you may be responding to the wrong thread. We never had a problem with the car running just the radio, interior lights and door locks not working after battery replacement.

Scrapper
03-24-2011, 11:38 AM
i think i told you before you could've shorted out the modue is it starting at all and you still don't have spark?

sorry my bad.

Add your comment to this topic!