Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 Ranger doesn't start....sometimes...

Augdog74
03-20-2011, 12:50 PM
My 2.3L manual doesn't fire sometimes....I can sit there and crank on it for a long time, but nothing. This has been happening for a couple of weeks now, but rare in that time frame. Would could it be?

Scrapper
03-20-2011, 01:03 PM
My 2.3L manual doesn't fire sometimes....I can sit there and crank on it for a long time, but nothing. This has been happening for a couple of weeks now, but rare in that time frame. Would could it be?
does it not want to start in the rain or snow?

Augdog74
03-20-2011, 01:51 PM
does it not want to start in the rain or snow?

It doesn't matter what the weather is doing...it's kind of rainy today I guess

Scrapper
03-20-2011, 04:40 PM
It doesn't matter what the weather is doing...it's kind of rainy today I guess

well after you get it started let it warm up a little and shut it off and get good wire dry and spray every bit of plug wires and cap or is that multiport fuel injection, thats got the external coil on it right?

Augdog74
03-20-2011, 06:25 PM
well after you get it started let it warm up a little and shut it off and get good wire dry and spray every bit of plug wires and cap or is that multiport fuel injection, thats got the external coil on it right?

yeah, I believe it has external coil...Could it be a bad fuel pump? I don't hear anything when I turn the key on....I haven't been able to get it started at all today.

thanks

toddler62
03-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Find someone with a fuel pressure gauge. Thats the only way to prove fuel problem.

Add your comment to this topic!