Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 Comanche brake lights don't work

kene51176
03-18-2011, 05:13 PM
I cant find a wiring diagram for the brake switch on my 91 Jeep Comanche. Anyone know where i can get one? Better yet, any idea why the brakes and hazard lights aren't working? New turn signal switch. All bulbs and fuses are good.The brake switch has no power on any of the 6 wires going to it. If you jump the power at the connector before the turn signal switch, the hazards will work and there will power at the brake light switch, but the brakes still wont work. And theres only power on the one wire and when you push the brake pedal, it goes off. so any ideas?

fredjacksonsan
03-20-2011, 02:18 AM
Sounds like a short somewhere towards the back of the vehicle.....have seen the same on several Cherokees. Trace the wiring back from both taillights and you should find the worn area on the wires.

Scrapper
03-20-2011, 08:50 AM
I cant find a wiring diagram for the brake switch on my 91 Jeep Comanche. Anyone know where i can get one? Better yet, any idea why the brakes and hazard lights aren't working? New turn signal switch. All bulbs and fuses are good.The brake switch has no power on any of the 6 wires going to it. If you jump the power at the connector before the turn signal switch, the hazards will work and there will power at the brake light switch, but the brakes still wont work. And theres only power on the one wire and when you push the brake pedal, it goes off. so any ideas?

you can get a haynes manual at autozone also if your nice to them they may print it out for you. before you do that go on autozone.com you can look at diagram.

Add your comment to this topic!