Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Check Engine Codes HELP PLEASE (im a girl on a budget :( )

kirley09
03-18-2011, 11:54 AM
2001 Hyundai Accent GS 1.6L 2door hatchback Automatic transmission 109k miles

Got the check engine light 2 days ago, too it to Meineke and they told me the following

PO133 Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 Sensor1 $80 labor/$160 o2 sensor
PO722 Gear 3 ratio incorrect
PO733 Output shaft speed sensor no signal $130 labor/$243 sensor

He said the problem is with the transmission.

I know where to get the o2 sensor, but where can I get the right speed sensor? I found like four different types i don't know which one.
Anything else I should know, suggestions? anything really?
Im on a budget and this is my first car. i drive to school everyday so it cant break otherwise im screwed.

Thanks.

lowsonoma1999
03-18-2011, 03:33 PM
I hope you don't pay $160 for the oxygen sensor. List price from Hyundai is $94.15. You should be able to find a dealer to sell it to you for that. If not, I will, and include shipping.

P0722 is for the output speed sensor, and P0733 is for the incorrect gear ratio.

The output speed sensor on this vehicle comes with the input speed sensor, and is called a pulse generator. I'd be finding another shop to do the work, because their prices are outrageous. The pulse generator lists at Hyundai for $44.67, and it is very easy to change. They should not be charging you $130 in labor to change it.

The incorrect gear ratio typically means you need a new transmission. It is detecting slippage with 3rd gear. Every once in awhile, a transmission service will fix this concern, but not very often.

If you do want the parts, I will sell you both parts for $115, shipping included. I have both parts in stock and can ship out on Monday.

danielsatur
03-18-2011, 04:30 PM
A universal HO2 sensor for $35 should be good enough!

see http://www.autopartswarehouse.com ,

If you get a new VSS, it may resolve your Transmission problem.

Add your comment to this topic!