Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Vehicle financing and kms...

milanni
03-16-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm interested in buying a new vehicle preferably a truck. Since they are pretty expensive, (i'm looking for a 2500HD) I need some opinions on what to do regarding this situation. Most trucks I'm finding have over 130-160kms within my price range, as well as I'm probably going to be financing as well.

Would it be a good idea to finance over 5 years/60 months a vehicle that has say... close to 160kms on it? I have a car right now bought it at about 130kms and its close to 165kms right now with my driving it the past 2 years everyday.

Just need your thoughts on it. Thanks!!

speediva
03-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Just to make sure we're talking the same units, it appears you're measuring in metric with Kilometers. So what I'm saying below is based on thousands of kilometers.

I, personally, would not want to finance for longer than 3 years on anything that has over about 90,000km. The problem with financing vehicles with higher "mileage" is that they are more likely to start having problems requiring expensive replacement. Then you're left with several years worth of payments on a truck you can't even drive! By limiting your payments to only 3 years, you're a little less likely to end up in that situation.

Add your comment to this topic!