Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

where is the knock sensor? (1995 GTP 3.4 dohc)

Young Chuck D
03-15-2011, 11:45 PM
I got code p0325.

repair manual says its in the ECM.

parts that I find on rockauto.com and advanceautoparts.com are a little round metal thing that must go somewhere else.

she has an oil leak and i've just been adding oil but recently she's taking longer with the key turned to start her up.

i need help. i know my way around cars pretty well but i'm confused and dont wanna see a $1200 investment go to waste

richtazz
03-16-2011, 03:06 PM
the knock module is in the ECM. The knock sensor is in the block, firewall side, just above the oilpan rail between the crank sensor and the drivers side end of the engine.

Scrapper
03-16-2011, 03:30 PM
I got code p0325.

repair manual says its in the ECM.

parts that I find on rockauto.com and advanceautoparts.com are a little round metal thing that must go somewhere else.

she has an oil leak and i've just been adding oil but recently she's taking longer with the key turned to start her up.

i need help. i know my way around cars pretty well but i'm confused and dont wanna see a $1200 investment go to waste

just adding oil whens the last time have you changed it? and whens last time you tuned it up? old oil brings your compression down. is it the valve seals is that your problem? or wheres it leaking oil?

Young Chuck D
03-17-2011, 12:42 AM
the knock module is in the ECM. The knock sensor is in the block, firewall side, just above the oilpan rail between the crank sensor and the drivers side end of the engine.

Cool. so considering the SES light code is "knock sensor" and not "knock module" I should change the sensor, yes?

just adding oil whens the last time have you changed it? and whens last time you tuned it up? old oil brings your compression down. is it the valve seals is that your problem? or wheres it leaking oil?

I changed the oil and filter 2 weeks ago. also changed the spark plugs while I was having the valve cover gaskets and intake manifold gasket replaced (so I doubt it's the valve seals since they're new). I have wires, ignition coil packs, and a pcv valve waiting (i'll pick up an air filter soon) but that stuff to me is secondary to getting this leak fixed. It's right in the middle I get two slow but steady drips. Facing the hood from the front, they're lined up one about 6 inches behind the other. Directly under the middle of the engine.

as far as my leak, spring break starts friday at 10:50am so I'm gonna dig in and find it and then I'll ask you guys what to do if I can't figure it out.

Thanks

Stealthee
03-17-2011, 05:06 AM
Valve seals, and valve cover gaskets are two different things

Bad valve seals could cause burning oil and smoking due to oil leaking back past them into the combustion chamber.

Add your comment to this topic!