Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Our thoughts are with all our Japanese friends on the forum

lotus123
03-11-2011, 04:54 AM
Just watching events unfold, and thinking of you guys right now. We hope and pray you come out of this unscathed wherever you are.

We wish you the strength and courage to deal with this awful disaster.

voyageur
03-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Just watching events unfold, and thinking of you guys right now. We hope and pray you come out of this unscathed wherever you are.

We wish you the strength and courage to deal with this awful disaster.

I hope all fellow modelers and their families come out of this disaster unharmed. Our thoughts are with you guys over there in the Pacific region.

shineofleo
03-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Bless. I think they will be fine.

deedlit
03-11-2011, 01:42 PM
All my thoughts are going to the japanese citizen after this dramatic day. All my condoleances to the families.

luchoteam
03-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Did you guys read at HOBBY Search News?

It says...

2011/3/11 A major earthquake has hit Japan, and our office and warehouse were affected.
Operations and emails will experience some delays.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Good luck to everybody back there!

250 Testa Rossa
03-11-2011, 10:46 PM
I hope MFH is okay!!! I just had another SNAFU with my 250 GTO. The bonnet was severely crushed, and I am worried about replacing it...

gionc
03-12-2011, 01:58 AM
I hope MFH is okay!!! I just had another SNAFU with my 250 GTO. The bonnet was severely crushed, and I am worried about replacing it...

:loser: :jerking: selfless guy uh?

Kunta: hopefully you japanese friends would get all the needed support by our politician, I think all we can do it is to inform all the people we can about, to put under pressure the politics.

Khier
03-12-2011, 02:47 AM
When the mess is over, we should show our support. The best way to support in my opinion is to order, order and order to speed up the recovery of the business.

rallymaster
03-12-2011, 04:43 AM

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :banghead: :banghead:
We have our today's asshole !!! :angryfire
Some people are dying or getting homeless and you only think to your order ???!!! :eek: :screwy: :disappoin
what kind of guy are you, you poor-minded humanity lacking one !!?? :chair:

When the mess is over, we should show our support. The best way to support in my opinion is to order, order and order to speed up the recovery of the business.

I don't totally agree, IMO it will be better to firstly verify they can assume and process orders, now or soon, because if they can't, ordering may bring them more problems than solutions... :dunno:

I hope most of Japanese people, here or not, will very quickly find back health and security if they have been involved in this earthquake and tsunami and that our modling buddies here are all safe and secured.

jano11
03-12-2011, 05:37 AM
Best wishes to whole Japan during these heartbreaking times.

F1Tommy
03-12-2011, 06:35 AM
I hope they recover quickly. This type of thing has a way of bringing people together. I think Japan will come out stronger and learn from this horrible disaster, although the power plants do have me worried. These poor people:frown:

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2011-Chicago March 19th 2011

alvarol
03-12-2011, 08:50 AM
I believe I had never felt so bad in front of a TV set, looking at the destructive power of what happened to Japan, from the comfort of my home.

Like someone said here before me, we still have today, who knows tomorrow?...so, "Carpe Diem" live the day! because we never know and take things for granted.

I am not the kind of guy who likes to sew panic, but one doubt again has raised on my mind...Nuclear power! Cheap, and clean!? and safe?...the powerplant has by now exploded. Can any of you make any guesses on the aftermath?

One thing I am sure of is the strength, civísm, and order of the Japanese people. And as Tom said, they will come out of this as a stronger people.

May they all get their lives back to normal soon.

lovegt40
03-12-2011, 11:57 AM
just scary news from japan.All this is terrible, think for now we can just pray for the people down there.

tonioseven
03-12-2011, 12:06 PM
I have heard from Osamu and he tells me that he is doing fine. :sunglasse

Hawk312
03-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Since this happened, I cannot keep my mind off of what has happened and what they must be going through. My prayers and thoughts are with everyone there. I hope as many as possible make it out ok.

Rtuned
03-13-2011, 09:26 AM

another asshole only worry about your model kit!

I thought it only happen in Singapore or China... As alot of China people are celebrating the Japan earthquake and Tsunami. Singapore modelers only worry the same things as yours. Worried their shipment from japan will delay, worried their shipment was washed away, worried their favourite idols had die, worried the online shop no longer function...beside these minor thing, what do you people worried?
As people in Japan are suffering the loss, the pain and home destroy, how many years to rebuild it again? This disaster is the worst ever since World War Two.

Those whose only think of their goods are all Cold blooded bastard!:angryfire and my heart still feel pain for them. Too bad I can't go there and help, but only able to donate money...as I still think not enough. How I wish I could lend a hand for them...:frown:

drunken monkey
03-13-2011, 11:36 AM
guys, don't feed the trolls.

willimo
03-13-2011, 12:43 PM
It is terrible and I hope that everyone we know, and everyone we don't know, in Japan is safe and healthy and doing well, and whoever isn't is able to recover and make a good new life. As terrible as it is, Japan is a strong, smart, industrious country which I think saved them even more tragedy and will help them rebuild quickly. Good luck and our thoughts are with yo.

Romik505
03-13-2011, 02:57 PM
That that I see on the TV is a horror!!!
Guys from Japan - keep! I very much want to hope that with you and your relatives all is good.
Japan is the strong country and Japanese people is strong,
I wish only the prompt end of these terrible events!
If we can help you - tell about it.

Uninen
03-14-2011, 02:27 AM

ATM I think the best way to help them is to send them some aid. I'm going to send them the same amount money I spent on models last month. I know it's not much, but for me it's a lot. I hope that You'll do the same, but it's up to You...

Uninen
03-14-2011, 03:31 AM
I meant that I'll send aid to the people in Japan not the model manufacturers. So no one gets the wrong idea from me.

lovegt40
03-14-2011, 04:26 AM
from HLJ:

http://www.hlj.com/specials/sendaiearthquake?utm_medium=slide&utm_campaign=TOP_page&utm_content=earthquake-banner.png

rallymaster
03-14-2011, 04:31 AM

I don't totally agree, IMO it will be better to firstly verify they can assume and process orders, now or soon, because if they can't, ordering may bring them more problems than solutions...

Here is the message I got from HLJ this morning, confirming what I thought, ordering now won't inevitably be easy for them...

HLJ and the Sendai Earthquake

As many of our customers are well aware, on March 11, Japan suffered one of the largest earthquakes in recorded history, with the ensuing tsunamis causing even more catastrophic damage. Our hearts go out to those suffering in the hardest hit regions.

We've posted an account of what happened at HLJ, with photos, HERE (http://hlj.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f60cb1eee37a8df2b5c8e588c&id=b0c2314346&e=9def895834). We're also using this page as a bulletin board for updates about how the quake is affecting our service.

We were very lucky; although we had a pretty rough shaking that scrambled the contents of our offices and warehouse, all our staff are fine, and there was no structural damage to our building. Over the weekend we were able to get everything back in its place and and we're conducting business as normal here as of Monday.

Although HLJ has resumed normal operations, Japan's infrastructure has been severely affected, and major highways in our area are closed to make way for emergency and supply vehicles heading north to the heavily damaged areas. Gasoline is also in very short supply. The post office, FedEx, and other delivery services will be picking up shipments from HLJ, and we have been told that international shipping will be possible, but to expect delays. The extent of these delays and how long they will last is unknown at this time.

Another factor that will be affecting our service somewhat will be a series of scheduled, rolling blackouts, which will take us offline for about three hours at a time. These are needed to combat power shortages, and allow repairs to the country's electrical grid. A "we're offline" message will appear instead of the website during these blackouts, but when they're over, we should be back up and running normally quite quickly.

We are doing our utmost to provide uninterrupted service to our customers around the world, and apologize for any delays and inconvenience.

As always, we thank you for all of your business with us, and ask you for your understanding and support during this difficult time.

Scott T. Hards
President

Vladamor
03-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Oh man, WHAT A DISASTER!!!

I WISH to go there as volunteer, but can's do. They're looking for professionals, and the problem with the nuclear plant is getting things worse...

I almost haven't for eat, but next month I'll donate what I can... Where can I make donations??

REGARDS

luchoteam
03-16-2011, 07:19 PM
redcross official web site?

star21
03-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Oh man, WHAT A DISASTER!!!

I WISH to go there as volunteer, but can's do. They're looking for professionals, and the problem with the nuclear plant is getting things worse...

I almost haven't for eat, but next month I'll donate what I can... Where can I make donations??

REGARDS

I was watching NHK and they provided a website for the Japanese Red Cross. If you wanted to donate to another cause I'm sure there are more. It's even more sad since the continuing cold weather isn't helping survivors.

http://www.jrc.or.jp/english/index.html

Fabio Quirino
03-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Pray, pray and pray... We have thousand of japanese living here in Brazil, and everybody is very apprehensive.

rallymaster
03-16-2011, 11:34 PM
Just got a new email frim HLJ.

They are calling for orders, having increase their prices of 2% which will be doubled and then given to Japan red cross.
Customers then pay 2% more, which go to the Red Cross, but HLJ add 2% of their benefits too on the items sold. So each order will bri,g 4 % to the Japan Red Cross.

I think Japan really need help, and if ordering a kit or a decal can be part of this help, what a better way for us modelers to help ?!

TV reports talk now about around 200000 deads or dissappeared... And the nuclear problem is still growing hour per hour...
brrrrrr...

France is the second civil nuclear strength with 58 reactors. Each french live to maximum 300 kms away from one of those.
make think about nuclear question...

cyclone1410
03-17-2011, 03:32 AM
That that I see on the TV is a horror!!!
Guys from Japan - keep! I very much want to hope that with you and your relatives all is good.
Japan is the strong country and Japanese people is strong,
I wish only the prompt end of these terrible events!
If we can help you - tell about it.

I agree wholeheartedly. I am going to donate as much as I can and try to provide as much help and support as possible.

Vladamor
03-17-2011, 04:16 AM
Ok thanks very much

Add your comment to this topic!