Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

05-07 purchase advice

herefordman
03-10-2011, 11:30 PM
I'm considering buying my first corvette, likely somewhere around 2005 to 2007 year, black or red convertible with with either an automatic or manual trans.
Is there anything specific to these years that have had problems or places I should be looking at for issues?
I appreciate all advice, as its going to be my first Vette and i don't want it to be a bad experience.
Thanks in adavance!

rkvons
03-22-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm considering buying my first corvette, likely somewhere around 2005 to 2007 year, black or red convertible with with either an automatic or manual trans.
Is there anything specific to these years that have had problems or places I should be looking at for issues?
I appreciate all advice, as its going to be my first Vette and i don't want it to be a bad experience.
Thanks in adavance!
I have an 06 that I bought new. It's not a convertible and it is an automatic with paddle-shift. The issues with it so far are: It had a recall concerning the targa-top outside panel separating from the inner, and the steering rack was leaking at both ends. I put lucas power steering treatment in it and it appears to have stopped leaking. It has about 3800 miles on it. I sometimes wish I got the manual trans, just because it's kinda cool shifting and all, but for shear get up and go, the auto is unbeatable.

herefordman
03-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the advice, was beginning to think nobody reads these posts!
I think I'm probably going to go with an automatic convertible, theres a lot of traffic here and rowing the shifter in bumper to bumper traffic doesn't get me excited.
A local dealer has a red Grand Sport, that I'm going to go check out.
Thanks again!

Add your comment to this topic!