Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 park ave turns over wont start

swampie
03-10-2011, 11:41 AM
I have a 1992 buick park ave non ultra. I went out to start it to sell it and it woulnd not start. It cranks over but it seems like that either no fuel is getting to the system or that there isn't a spark. I can here the fuel pump click on. I replaced plugs wires coil pack a few months ago and it ran fine up until a week ago. I re replaced the coil pack and still nothing happened. It is cranking over but there is not even a chug. What do you guys think?

brcidd
03-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Test for spark, and test fuel pressure and post back results.

Anything else is speculation.

swampie
03-13-2011, 08:32 PM
i havent been able to test for fuel pressure or spark because of a busy schedule at work but I was talking to my local guy and he was saying that these cars have some kind of an emergency fuel shut off switch to disable the fuel system in case of an accident. where is this switch at if there is any?

brcidd
03-13-2011, 09:25 PM
i havent been able to test for fuel pressure or spark because of a busy schedule at work but I was talking to my local guy and he was saying that these cars have some kind of an emergency fuel shut off switch to disable the fuel system in case of an accident. where is this switch at if there is any?

Your Local Guy is dead wrong-- he is thinking of Ford products....That is called an inertia switch

Add your comment to this topic!