Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bye Bye HWJ..Hobby World Japan is closing

viperofoz
03-10-2011, 03:33 AM
Just saw this on their website today... sad to see.

These guys used to get most of my business when they were the only online shop offering the standard 20% off
Japanese retail prices.

Heres what they posted :

Notice of Store Closure

Effective Thuesday, March 15, 2011 we will be closing HW JAPAN: Oversea customer exclusive hobby online store.

We will take order until 8:00 am Tuesday, March 15 in Japan time.
All orders paid before 0:00am Wednesday, March 16 in Japan time, will be shipped by Thursday, March 17.
However, other orders will be cancelled authomatically without notification.

If you need to ship any items of existing orders, please request us by e-mail as soon as possible.
Any inconvenience occurs after the closure, please contact Mr. YOSHIDA at hwj@mail.aoshima-bk.co.jp (hwj@mail.aoshima-bk.co.jp),
but please note that we no longer accept any order.

We really appriciated your support all these years.

We wish we could see you someday when we restart our online shop.
For now, it is inevitable to close our shop with our parent company policy.

What does that last line mean??... their parent company is Aoshima... I hope they aren't in any financial trouble.

Regards, Dan

RiZzo444
03-10-2011, 03:54 AM
OMG!!! I'm really sorry HWJ... =(((
my favourite online store..
Why did this happen? financial troubles?

rallymaster
03-10-2011, 04:11 AM

These guys used to get most of my business when they were the only online shop offering the standard 20% off
Japanese retail prices.

Heres what they posted :

Notice of Store Closure

Effective Thuesday, March 15, 2011 we will be closing HW JAPAN: Oversea customer exclusive hobby online store.

All orders paid before 0:00am Wednesday, March 16 in Japan time, will be shipped by Thursday, March 17.

If you need to ship any items of existing orders, please request us by e-mail as soon as possible.
Any inconvenience occurs after the closure, please contact Mr. YOSHIDA at hwj@mail.aoshima-bk.co.jp (hwj@mail.aoshima-bk.co.jp),

What does that last line mean??... their parent company is Aoshima... I hope they aren't in any financial trouble.

Regards, Dan

not inevitably, that can be the exact contrary, Aoshima being in financial well health not wanting anymore to have a problematic firm attached to her downing its results...??! :dunno:

CrateCruncher
03-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Probably the strong Yen and Hong Kong competition hurting all the Japanese export retailers.

Luc Janssens
03-10-2011, 04:55 PM

Japanese retail prices.

Heres what they posted :

Notice of Store Closure

Regards, Dan

I'm only guessing here, but to me it sounds that Aoshima got complaints from overseas distributors who are losing sales due to Aoshima's mail order sub-division...no more no less..

MidMazar
03-14-2011, 05:08 PM
This is aweful news, as i used to buy stuff from them with no problems. Always had a good selection of wheels!! Sad to see this happen.

rsxse240
03-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Think they knew the eartquake/tsunami was going to happen so they high tailed it out of town? lol Sorry, I know that is in bad taste, but I just had to.

I have never ordered anything from there personally, but I have several friends that order all the time. They'll not be to happy.

On a side note, I suppose ALL of Japan's mail order/internet sales will be placed on hold indefinitely, or canceled all together.

MidMazar
03-15-2011, 04:08 PM
On a side note, I suppose ALL of Japan's mail order/internet sales will be placed on hold indefinitely, or canceled all together.

:iagree:

Hope and prayers go out to Japan.

Add your comment to this topic!