Question about a/c trouble codes

Drmchzr
03-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Hello All,
Newbie here - just found the site and love the info u all are sharing. Im a proud owner of a 2000 Lincoln LS V8. Have not had any trouble with her and she is at 92.208 miles. Im having my first repair issue, and have found great info posted on this forum.

I have a question: I ran the diagnostic procedure on the DATC - and have gotten two codes. The first is 1676 (low battery voltage) and the second is 1342. I cant find any reference online as to what this code is. Anyone know?

Yes, Im now experiencing the warm air blowing through the a/c on passenger side issue. System pressure tested, good refrig charge and no leaks at this point.

Thanks to all for the great info!

joegr
03-08-2011, 09:14 PM
B1342 - DATC ECU defective. It means that the DATC control head (part with the vacuum florescent digital display and buttons) must be replaced.

Drmchzr
03-08-2011, 09:27 PM
B1342 - DATC ECU defective. It means that the DATC control head (part with the vacuum florescent digital display and buttons) must be replaced.
Awesome, thanks for sharing the code. Time to go hunting for the parts.

shorod
03-08-2011, 10:26 PM
I happen to have a working DATC control unit that was a spare for my wife's LS. She had a 2002 LS V6 without heated or cooled seats. I'll try to grab the part number off it and post tomorrow in the event it is the same as yours.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!