Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1997 Grand Marquis - Multi-function Switch

tken35
02-25-2011, 09:45 PM
I had to turn on the hazards yesterday and noticed that only the left arrow on the dash was flashing. When I got out of the car, I saw that both the left and right rear lights were flashing, as well as the left front light. When I toggled the hazard button, the right arrow on the dash started flashing as well as the right front light. The same thing happened today. Could this be the result of a faulty multi-function switch? How difficult is it to replace?

Thank you in advance.

way2old
02-26-2011, 03:05 PM
The switch is fairly easy to replace. You need to remove the lower steering column cover. Should be 3 or 4 screws. 3 will go up into the top half and 1 will go in from the right side just under the dash area. You need to remove the key cylinder and the tilt handle. The tilt handle screws out. Then the switch is held in with 2 torx head screws. I think they are a T15 or T20. There are 2 wiring connectors on the back of the switch. You may get by with some light lubrication down around the hazard button. Sometimes there is just dirt in the switch.

Add your comment to this topic!