Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

automatic level control

samprix
02-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Hello to all;

I have a 1999 LeSabre and I have replaced the rear struts about 6 months ago. The auto level control was working fine. Now, the pump runs, but the shocks do not inflate. I have checked all the air lines that I can reach/see and there does not seem to be a leak anywhere. I suppose that it is possible that the pump itself is now bad. Does anyone know how to change the pump for this system or how to properly diagnose the pump prior to removal and replacement?

Thanks to all.

HotZ28
02-22-2011, 11:03 PM
It may be best to replace the compressor with a JY compressor assembly. It is very simple to remove the existing compressor from the undercarriage under the rear right side of the body. If you want to test the existing compressor, pull the air inflation line off of the compressor and hook it up to an air gage to test PSI capability. If it can not pump desired pressure, replace it!

samprix
02-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Thank you, Sir for your response. Do you know what the operating pressure of such a compressor should be?

HotZ28
02-24-2011, 01:03 AM
Thank you, Sir for your response. Do you know what the operating pressure of such a compressor should be?It should pump at least 60 psi; even though the struts should not require more than 15-20 psi.

samprix
02-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Good to know. Thanks very much.

Add your comment to this topic!