Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Urgent ! Ask your help ! The Focus skylight fly out on the high way !!!

disimasen
02-17-2011, 12:42 AM
On Feb. 8, 2011, I was driving my Ford Focus MT 2.0 with my family on the way back to Shenzhen. From Yueyang on the Beijing-Zhuhai highway, when I past the Changsha section , probably at 3 o'clock I was shocked by huge noise from the top , and Suddenly the wind went into the roof. I didn't know what happened , so I opened the skylight quickly to check out , I found the part of the glass were horrible get loose....I was so afraid the broken glasses flying into the back seat, for protecting my wife & my son ( only two years old) , I turn off the the skylight at once, and slowdown my speed from 120 KM/H to 100 KM/H, and then I wanna chang my car to the emergency lanes slowly , but suddenly I heard the car "crash " two awful sounds, and the broken glass fly out, but not opened the skylight protection panel view. My son was shoked with tears , I was still worried about the flying glass hit the backseat , What I did was keep slowdown my speed, and watched the rearview mirror......The broken glass was flying in the the center of highway, the behind car were all shocked and changing their lane confusedly, and then around ten pcs car behind me got crashed ....

5 Minitues later, I stopped my car on emergency lanes to double check the carshed car if anybody got hurt, Fortunately it just car crash, everyone was fine, but all of us were horrible scared . It was the greatest shock I ever had.

I bought 09 Ford Focus hatchback model 2.0MT Sport, April 2009, I remebered it had been recalled in 2009 by 4S agency, they said to check out the glass contamination that could cause leaks, broken. But at that time after checking, My car did not get any inform consumers that the most dangerous situation is the single piece of high-speed car flying through the glass window. Did they check my skylight respossibly ????

The broken glass , flying in highway, probably with more than 120KM/H.... What a terrible danger accdient !!!! fortunately this time no body got hurt , but from now on I was still worried about driving my car !!! I I could not trust this Car , this brands anymore !!!

I came back on the same day ( February 9, 2011) . I talked with the 4S service in shenzhen , I wanna return this car , But the service always passed the buck one by one, I mad with them many times , the final resule is they just help me to change the skylight and fox the scratch !!! That is not what I want !!! And then I still negotiated with their manager , they said they can submit my request to themanufacturers, but it was improssible to return the car !!!

From now on , I didn't get any feedback from the 4S agency, I am writing this email to USA Head office to ask help, I think the 4S agency in Shenzhen are very irresponsible, what they did are making all the buyers disappointed, they ignored the customer's request , didnt communicate and shirk responsibility !!!

disimasen
02-17-2011, 12:48 AM

Add your comment to this topic!