91 Accord Getting gas in the oil, An ideas?

94Z28Conv.
02-14-2011, 07:14 PM
My friend has a 91 Accord that is getting gas into the oil, I don't know many of the specifics. Do we need to perform a compression test or could the problem be a "stuck" fuel injector. Any help is appreciated, Thank You all in advance.

razr_88
03-03-2011, 02:38 PM
This is a new one for me i've never heard of this before. the only pathway that gas would get into the oil would be past the rings. logically(in my head at least) suggests that a compression test may offer a clue. Also you need to ask why that gas isn't being burned...

razr_88
03-03-2011, 02:39 PM
how sure are you that it is gas?

jeffcoslacker
03-03-2011, 06:49 PM
A fuel injector that sticks open and bleeds all the fuel pressure off the rail when sitting is a common cause...you could see that real easy with a fuel pressure gauge, watch the reading after shutoff.

You can also use a stick or mechanic stethoscope to listen to each injector, make sure you can hear it clicking as the pintle closes each time. Should be a real sharp ticking. Muffled sound or nothing is trouble...

Usually hard to start/long crank time, because the rail is empty so it needs a moment to re-pressurize, and one cylinder is flooded, so they usually miss and perhaps soot smoke for a second or two after starting...

A fuel pressure regulator gone bad can deliver too much pressure to the rail and cause this too...but it will run crappy and rich if this happens....smoke..etc...

Add your comment to this topic!