Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Child lock switch won't fully turn

Zhang
02-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Hello guys,

I've recently had an alarm system installed by someone.

There are two problems:

1) The driver's child lock switch (the one with the red dash inside the car) will not fully turn when I use the remote to lock the car. All the other 3 doors fully turn but the driver's one turns partially. Before I had the alarm system installed, the driver door's child lock does fully turn.

Despite the child lock didn't fully turn, the driver's door does lock and I cannot open it (which is what I expect).

What is the usual cause for this type of problem ? (Child lock doesn't fully turn). Do I need to loosen something inside the door's panel to let the child lock switch fully turn ?

2) The second problem is the alarm. After I press the button to lock the car, I hear the double beep for the "alarm on" signal so far so good. However, like 10 20 minutes or so later, the alarm just randomly goes off, I have to keep running outside to turn off the alarm.

My concern is because the child safety switch doesn't fully turn , it slowly turns back and the alarm thinks someone is trying to open the door so it triggers the alarm horn.

Please, if anyone encountered these problems before, I'd like to hear how to solve these two problems.

Add your comment to this topic!