Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HELP!!! finding tires for ST27 DTM transkit!!

gasdriverca
02-13-2011, 12:34 PM
:runaround:Does anyone know where I can get tires that will fit the Studio27 BMW M3 DTM transkit?
I looked at Hobby Design but they are all treaded(suppose I could sand them down to slicks) & seem to be too small plus I also got the Fujimi "Gr.A Taisan Abahouse BMW M3 #062693" as the donor but should've been the "Gr.A BMW M3 #062440" :banghead:
I figured that the kits are very similar except the rims so I didn't worry about what kit it was because the replacement rims are in the transkit but now I discovered they are too small!!!
Does anyone know where I can get the proper size from or do I have to try and hunt down kit #062440?

Fangi0
02-13-2011, 06:10 PM
The tires they recommend (from the Alfa 155 DTM) were subsequently used in a bunch of Tamiya touring car kits, and are probably still available....

If you turn a Tamiya tyre inside out, you'll see that most have something stamped on them to indicate the kit they were first tooled for... The Alfa ones are stamped 155....

I've noticed them in a number of kits since then.... including (I think) either the Group A R32 Skylines, or the JGTC R33 Skylines

Failing that you could try ScaleProductions (www.ScaleProduction.de) who do a large range of 18" slick tires

Add your comment to this topic!