Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

S-15 clutch master,slave, bleeding issue???

tjspeed2003
02-13-2011, 06:21 AM
anyone know how to bleed an aftermarket clutch master? my original master had the feed on the top, near the pedal rod, the aftermarket has the feed on the bottom ( by bottom I mean the clutch master is on an angle to the firewall and the feed from the reservoirand the feed to the slave are at the bottom of the master cylinder. so there is a lot of air above to force fluid up into it, tried quite a bit of methods. used a mighty vac on the bleeder @ the slave tried various different bleeding techniques half pedal,pump, one push 75% someone has had to run into this issue with aftermarket masters pulling my hair out over this.incase it matters I have a 1985 s-15 2.8 4x4 5-speed replaced clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, and had the flywheel surfaced. just cant get the clutch master bled. slave. master, and line are all brand new...thanks in advance for your time.:banghead:

old_master
02-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Sounds like it's installed upside down, the inlet from the reservoir must be on the top of the master or you'll never bleed it! The bleeder valve on the slave must also be on top for the same reason.

Add your comment to this topic!