Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Changed fuel filter, now it's buzzing........

erichzeppelin
02-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Changed out my fuel filter and now I have a high pitched buzzing comming from my fuel tank, what did I do?

j cAT
02-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Changed out my fuel filter and now I have a high pitched buzzing comming from my fuel tank, what did I do?

put it in backwards ?

erichzeppelin
02-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Only one way to install the fuel filter, but the buzzing is more of a high pitched whine............2001 S-10 Crewcab V-6

danielsatur
02-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Take the old filter, and tap on the ground with the arrow pointing up to see if it was doing the job!

Was the old filter dirty?
Is the fuel pump on, but not pumping fuel?

erichzeppelin
02-12-2011, 04:58 PM
I changed the filter because I just bought the truck and yes, the truck is running fine, it just has that high pitched whine..............The filter I removed was filled with small black particles.

j cAT
02-12-2011, 05:18 PM
I changed the filter because I just bought the truck and yes, the truck is running fine, it just has that high pitched whine..............The filter I removed was filled with small black particles.

could be the filter is plugged. who made this filter ?

old filter should be dirty with black particles and rust.

erichzeppelin
02-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Well, I just bought the filter and installed it. Don't kick my butt, it's a FRAM..... I didnt know any better........

j cAT
02-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Well, I just bought the filter and installed it. Don't kick my butt, it's a FRAM..... I didnt know any better........

fuel filters, my opinion.

I have cut these open to inspect for debris caught and how these are made. I have found this year that the chinese made filters use incorrect media.filters sold at advance auto are not to be used.

I got purolator or wix fuel filters. carquest filters are wix filters..also the ac delco filters are all made the same [SO FAR].

WITH HAVING A BOAT, FUEL FILTERS ARE VERY IMPORTANT !

AC DELCO TOO EXPENSIVE .

erichzeppelin
02-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Thank you for the help, I'm going to replace the fuel pump.....damn. and filter. Damn.............

Add your comment to this topic!