Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Shoulder Strap

pagraham
02-09-2011, 11:12 PM
The shoulder strap on my 02 Silverado does not retract well unless you feed the belt into the slot, any way to tighten things up without a major disassembly.
Is it easy to remove the belt slot on the seat, I hate to break a clip by not knowing how to remove it, thanks

j cAT
02-11-2011, 08:46 AM
The shoulder strap on my 02 Silverado does not retract well unless you feed the belt into the slot, any way to tighten things up without a major disassembly.
Is it easy to remove the belt slot on the seat, I hate to break a clip by not knowing how to remove it, thanks

seat belt failures should be reported to NHTSA. check with GM this failure may still be covered..

Tdragone
02-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Tagging onto this thread; my '02 has the exact same issue on the drivers side. 196K miles means a lot of time in that seat!

RickMan
03-04-2011, 04:59 PM
99' Extended Cab, 170K miles. I have the same problem on the driver's side. It retracts but I have to help it.

j cAT
03-04-2011, 05:11 PM
99' Extended Cab, 170K miles. I have the same problem on the driver's side. It retracts but I have to help it.

seat belt failure has no limit on coverage.

slo99sierra
03-08-2011, 10:33 PM
There are recalls out there for the seatbelt. Print out the recall, go to a dealer, have them take care of it.

Recalls are for the life of the vehicle. Period. And the cost is covered by the manufacturer/dealer, not the customer/owner.

Grab your VIN and call up the local GM dealer (GMC or Chevrolet) and ask about the recall and if your truck has been covered by it already or not.

Tdragone
03-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Do you have a link to the recall to print out?

j cAT
03-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Do you have a link to the recall to print out?

your vehicle may not have a recall. IT DOES NOT MATTER !

this has no limit on service . the manufacturer must fix all seat belt failures PERIOD !

IF THEY REFUSE CONTACT N.H.T.S.A. ..............

get the refusal in writing .

Add your comment to this topic!