Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1996 Jimmy to 98 Blazer conversion

96Jimmy4x4
02-09-2011, 02:13 PM
This site is really helpfull, and maybe an answer could help some other people who have my same dillema.
I have a 96 Jimmy and want to upgrade to a 98+ front end of a newer (blazer 98+ years or even a 98+ jimmy whatever is cheapest). I know they are two different swaps, but what exactly is different from the 96 jimmy to convert to 98 blazer?Ive seen that the jimmys to newer jimmys are bold on.. Ive read all the other posts but canot find one that specifically answer my situation. Im looking for the exact parts needed for either situation and if anyone has done this same swap I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
96 Jimmy 4x4 SLS Bone stock 91,000 miles

blazee
02-09-2011, 02:31 PM
This site is really helpfull, and maybe an answer could help some other people who have my same dillema.
I have a 96 Jimmy and want to upgrade to a 98+ front end of a newer (blazer 98+ years or even a 98+ jimmy whatever is cheapest). I know they are two different swaps, but what exactly is different from the 96 jimmy to convert to 98 blazer?Ive seen that the jimmys to newer jimmys are bold on.. Ive read all the other posts but canot find one that specifically answer my situation. Im looking for the exact parts needed for either situation and if anyone has done this same swap I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
96 Jimmy 4x4 SLS Bone stock 91,000 miles
Have a look at this thread to see if it answers some of your questions.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=388684

Add your comment to this topic!