Any Experience on 4x4 civic

nesco83
02-06-2011, 04:44 PM
I am about to import a '99 4x4 civic from Japan. Anyone with some experience with this car? Is the 4x4 system similar to CRV? How much power can it hold? Information about this car is very limited on the internet. Any help will be appriciated.

Moppie
02-15-2011, 01:24 AM
There is not a lot of info on them, I wasn't aware they were still making them in 99, are you sure it's not an 89?

I believe they use the same set up as the Orthia (Integra based station wagon) which is based on the set up in the CRV.

I could be wrong, but I believe they use an out sourced rear differential.

I don't believe they will hold a lot of power either. It may even come with a basic SOHC VTEC D15.

BLU CIVIC
02-15-2011, 09:49 AM
there's that Honda Civic 4WD Rti and a i believe another Civic as well and the Integra Xi was awd. Someone posted a catalog that had all of them listed, but i can't find it. do a google search for those 2 cars and you should find a lot of info

Moppie
02-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Yip, looks like the RTi name has survived since the 3g Civic/Shuttle: http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/honda/civic_ferio/1998_9/

Sadly it looks like the '99 models, or EK's, have the non VTEC D16a, with about 120hp. Your not going to win any drag races.

Add your comment to this topic!