Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Boss Just Bought S65 AMG With Salvage Title. Help

monkeypoo8762
02-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the help

Ray paulsen
02-04-2011, 06:35 AM
While there are thousand of items on E Bay I would consider, bidding on a vehicle is not one of them, kicking tires is the only way to buy a car, you may end up with a sore toe but will still have a wallet in your back pocket.

You can buy a salvage car way below market value but at same time you must understand a salvage is a vehicle thats been written off by the insurance co... patched together declared road worthy with the title SALVAGE.

Had this been a clean title with only 6K, it would be worth about $60,000, common sence should have told you something is not right, I like to be on the consumers side but in this case I don't see how you were lied to, all the facts were disclosed in the history report.

If your boss has already agreed to the purchase, and you want an independent inspection performed,,, are you saying should this vehicle turn out to be a real lemon,,, your boss can walk away from the deal ?

On the positive side, if there is no frame damage it's possible you may have a fair deal. http://www.usedcartips.org/AUCTIONS.html

monkeypoo8762
02-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Had this been a clean title with only 6K, it would be worth about $60,000, common sence should have told you something is not right, I like to be on the consumers side but in this case I don't see how you were lied to, all the facts were disclosed in the history report.

If your boss has already agreed to the purchase, and you want an independent inspection performed,,, are you saying should this vehicle turn out to be a real lemon,,, your boss can walk away from the deal ?

I'm not saying he CAN walk away from the deal, I just want to know what his options might be if the car does turn out to be a lemon. Is getting an independent inspection done after a winning bid a normal request?

Ray paulsen
02-04-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm not saying he CAN walk away from the deal, I just want to know what his options might be if the car does turn out to be a lemon. Is getting an independent inspection done after a winning bid a normal request?

His options are, he can most likely walk away and forefit whatever money has exchanged hands ?,,, I hope that will not be the case, but your question leads me to no other answer having bid on a salvage.

Re,,, an independent inspection,,, If you would have made your bid " subject to " then you would have been in complete control.

An independent inspection suggested by seller or allowed as a condition after a win bid very rare.

Let's not get to negative here, as I mentioned if no frame damage, he may have a car that will outlast his investment,,, I really wish him good luck.

Ps,,, you kind of put a smile on my face,,, how did you think of a name like monkeypoo :banghead: ,,, lol

Add your comment to this topic!