Page updated on 09-24-2017

Swapping Motors

Christopher209
02-01-2011, 04:08 AM
I Have A question I have a 1990 integra Ls 4 door. The car is completely stock. I want to put a vtec motor in it. I dont know to much about cars. Will i have to replace alot of parts to drop a vtec in it? The reason im asking the car blows white smoke and the mechanic says i need a new haed gasket its going to cost no more then 700 parts & labor. So im thinking it might be better to get a new engine thats faster. But not be worth it if i have to change alot of other parts Thanks.

snshddog
02-01-2011, 05:48 AM
In most cases it is simply replace the engine, wire harness, and computer. Alot more work than a head gasket but when done right is worth it. There must be a good tuner club or custom shop that can line you up with the right parts and/or do the work. You need to decide first how big you want to go. There are so many kits available you can almost put any honda or acura engine in it. You might want to price around a bit first. 700 seems quite high for just a head gasket job even assuming they have head machining in there too.

Add your comment to this topic!