00' ZX2 worth it to repair?

krff
01-27-2011, 03:35 PM
What's up guys, so i got this car a year ago with 138k miles for a thousand dollars, it was a decent deal at the time because it still ran fine. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend to it until now so it sat in the driveway. I have it running, siphoned the old gas out and changed the oil. The battery is fine. Right now from what I can tell it needs a rear bumper, the tires, and possibly an inside door handle ( I don't really know about this one, It's just the handle not the actual latch. I talked to the inspection guy and he was pretty explicit about having operable handles haha. I mean it still opens just as well.) So at this point I'm debating whether it would be worth it to repair it. I can do most of the repairs myself, but it also needs an inspection and tags. I don't care about cosmetic damage.

also, i only looked at the bumper real quick but it looks like it just bolts on. Are they pretty easy to replace? Thanks in advance.

AzTumbleweed
01-28-2011, 08:11 AM
I'd sure keep it. Your problems are minor and the car still has a lot of life left if it has been cared for. I changed my bumper ('93) and it was easy.

CMauro_75
01-28-2011, 11:34 AM
by the sounds of it that is just a bunch of small stuff. You just need to find a local wrecking yard and go shopping. Make a list of everything you need or better yet bring the car and you should be able to find everything for cheap.

Add your comment to this topic!